55

Ariya

"What?" I asked, receding my body back from his. My body began to break out in a hot sweat.

"You heard me, Ariya." He kept his head down, repeating his words.

"Why would you think that?" I asked, tapping my foot on the seat.

"It's just, the timeline matches, he-his hair i-"

Find out if he truly loves you first.

"No, he's not." I quickly snapped back.

I began to think he wasn't speaking because he hadn't known what to say, but now I feel as if he was speechless. I wasn't ready, this wasn't how it was supposed to play out.

I began to push myself off his body and he seemed to have no intention on stopping me.

"I'm sorry." He spoke.

I quickly pulled all my clothes on.

I couldn't keep myself together. He was apologizing for something that he didn't need to because it was true. The thought crossed my mind, he's been thinking about it. Is that why he's been spending so much time with Rylan? Being so nice to me?

I needed to cry, I just wanted to lay in bed and cry.

"Ariya."

I forced my eyes open so the tears wouldn't fall, trying to tug on the door handle. Tugging and tugging and tugging it was locked.

"Let me out please." I whispered.

"It's late, Ariya. I'm not letting you out, it's not safe." He rested his hands sternly on the wheel of the car.

"I'll pick up, Rylan let's just go."

I realized that if I walked I wouldn't be able to pick up Rylan. I settled myself in the passengers seat, twisting my neck to the right and gazing at the darkened lake.

"Ok." I spoke.

I couldn't face him because the tears were already falling, I just needed to compose myself before Rylan saw me, that's what matters, Rylan.

Rylan.

After getting all of his clothes on he shifted the car into reverse and drove out of the area.

I glanced up at his reflection from the window, his features were softened and pained, his eyes hooded and his brows dropped. Until my eyes locked with his and I immediately looked down.

I've already let out too much, where the tears seemed to never stop.

Suddenly the car stopped and the house came into my view.

"Ariya."

I pulled the mirror out of the roof of the car and began blotting my eyes with my fingers, wiping the redness from my cheeks.

"Here." I glanced to my right to see him with a black handkerchief in his hand.

"Thanks." I mumbled, grabbing it while cleaning myself up.