43

Ariya

9 years ago

"My-my mother.." I watched from the middle of the church as Khyson stood at the front reading from a small piece of lined paper. His tears impairing his voice and reddening his eyes.

"She had the.. most-most beautiful smile.." He paused again to catch his breath before glancing forward at me. I gave him a reassuring smile before nodding.

"My father.. he always saw the best in people." The silence between his pauses were deafening. He gasps for his words, it didn't seem like he would make it. I knew that look, he was stuttering-but he was trying-he was really trying i just don't think he'd be able to finish.

I smiled to the old woman beside me before slipping out of the bench and walking up beside him. He stared at me blankly before I smiled. He handed me the paper before pushing his head into my shoulder and dropping into a cross legged position beside me legs.

"He always saw the best in people, even when I was sitting on the curb at two in the morning when I needed a ride home from practice. Or when I got into a fight at school. He never hesitated to do what was right." I took a deep breath before glancing down at him at my feet.

-

"Can we get out of here." I turned to him as everyone around us feasted on the food.

"But there's still m-"

"Ariya, please." He rested his chin on my shoulder with a beg.

"Okay." I sighed.

He grabbed my hand as we ran out of the church, we knew his grandparents would be after us but we didn't care.

He began to pull me towards the forest behind the the church and I furrowed my brows before stopping us both.

"Where are you going?" I stopped with furrowed brows.

"Just.. trust me Ariya, okay, please?" He tightened his grip on my hand before I nodded with a slight gulp.

I let him pull me through the branches and the bushes, feeling the fabric of my dress get caught and stained by the nature. Suddenly the greenery ended and a small shore of a lake clouded my view.

"Wow." I breathed in aw.

"I found this place a couple weeks ago." He smiled while looking forward at the water.

"It's.. beautiful." I gaped with wide eyes.

Suddenly he began to loosen the tie on his shirt and I furrowed my brows.

"Why are you undressing!?" I turned my body around so my back faced him before a heard a low chuckle.

"Calm down, Ariya-just-turn around."

"I don't want to be flashed by your dick." I yelled. Suddenly I heard a splash and flipped my body around.

"Khyson?" I ran up to the edge and searched for his body beneath the waves.