2.

Ariya

"No! Yeah! Four? Alright, alright.. yeah.. see you tomorrow, thank you again." I gripped the pen in my hand and wrote down the address along with the time. I mumbled a quick thank you into the phone and hung up. Turning to William and smiling.

"Did you get the interview?" He asked.

I nodded with a smile on my lips as he pulled me into his warm embrace before pressing his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss and threaded my hands through his hair.

"Ew." Rylan contorted. I chuckled and lightly pushed William away from me.

William and I have been have been dating for about a year. He's offered to let Rylan and I live with him countless times but I just don't want to burden him with the responsibility of a child. We have been dating for a while and I trust him enough to live with him, but I have Rylan. Children are a big responsibility, and he's mine not William's.

I can do it myself.

I was at the grocery store and we had been both looking at the avocados, when he asked me to feel one to see if it was ripe. When then met again and he called it fate and asked me for my number. When I introduced him to Rylan he wasn't the bit hesitant, and I'm grateful for that. Men who are willing to be in a relationship with a single mother don't just walk the streets, they come in very rare selections. He's a Paediatrician, meaning he's not exactly on the broke side. He offers me money on a daily basis and I easily decline. I don't like accepting money from others, it feels like a hand out of some sort.

Rylan loves him so it works for me.

"You didn't have to take tomorrow off." I sighed while unpacking the groceries I had just bought. He shook his head while blowing a raspberry from his lips.

"It's one day, Ariya.. and believe me I need a day off." He walked over to the living room and sat down on the floor with Rylan. I smiled at their interaction.

"Believe me, calls from worried mothers about diaper rash at three in the morning is not fun."

I finished packing all of the groceries and walked down the hall while closing the door. rummaging through my drawer for a clean pair of pyjama pants. Tugging my jeans down just before my bedroom door opened. I flinched before seeing William with a smirk etched on his soft features as he quietly shut the door.

"You know I have to start on dinner." I told him, trying desperately to hold back the blush arising in my cheeks.  He walked up to me and grabbed my hands causing me to drop the cotton pants that I had previously grabbed. My back hit the wall and I lifted my gaze to meet his eyes.

I let myself melt against him and connected our lips.

"Rylan is right outside." I panted. Feeling his hands roaming my body, his skilled finger tips gripping my cheek as he brushed his thumb over my warm skin.

He plunged his tongue in, I used this moment to savour him. Savour the taste, let his tongue explore my mouth along with his hands. Have our own moment, just us. It's not usually like this, but it's fun. Trying to sneak around, technically it's not sneaking around but.. close enough.

Until I placed my two palms on his strongly built chest, desperately savouring the kiss before I pulled back and our lips parted with a click.

"What? That's all I get?" He whined, gripping my waist.  I shook my head and looked down to conceal my blush. I felt his hand on my chin when his thumb and index finger tilted my head up.

"I love you."

I giggled and let him softly peck my swollen lips.

"I love you too, now let me put on some pants." I said before grabbing my dropped pants and slipping them on.

He walked out and I followed, seeing Rylan placed on the couch as he watched television. His toy car in his hand.

I passed by him and ran my hand over his head and hair. He laughed and I smiled.

"I should get going now." William said. I walked over to the kitchen counter and watched him walk over to Rylan.

"Bye, Rylan." He leaned down to whispered. Rylan hugged him and he whispered;

"Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow." Loud enough for me to hear.

"Bye!" Rylan smiled.

I observed William as he smiled and pecked his forehead, I watched William walking over to me. He grabbed my hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze. He always did , it was something so small yet so meaningful.

"Bye, baby." His voice was soft and innocent as his warm contact left mine and the door shut.

I walked over to Rylan and plopped myself down on the couch beside him, he climbed onto my lap and I grabbed his waist to keep him snug against me. I rounded my arms around his waist and let his rest into me with his back pressed to my front.

He loved cartoons, any kind like Sponge-bob, Road Runner, Rugrats, Tom and Jerry anything.

"What do you want for dinner?" I whispered, letting my hands run over his hair and land around his waist.

"Pizza." His response was always the same, at this point I should cease the question.

I heard his stomach rumble and rubbed it lightly.

"Come on, let's go." I told him, he smiled and we both tugged our shoes on.

I haven't lived here for too long, but I did discover this pizza place not too far from the building. I was telling Amara and she claims the place is really good. So why not try it?

I led us into the hall and locked the door, riding the elevator down to the lobby. He held onto my hand.

"Are you excited for school?" I asked.

"Yeah! I hope I make lots of friends." He smiled.

I tried to teach Rylan as much as I could to prepare him, I want him to be able to communicate, be respectful. I wouldn't say he's smarter than the average four year old but I'm pretty proud that I taught him to count to one hundred. Say pardon, that one is my greatest accomplishment.

"Are you scared?"

"No." He stated firmly. I squeezed his hands as we both made our way into the shop. The door causing a bell to ring.

After ordering two slices we sat down and began to eat.