9.

Guys I just saw Spider-Man nwh, and I'm
Dying, I don't know how to live ITS THE 17TH SO JUSt KNOW IM NOT INCREDIBLY LATE

Ariya

The nighttime wind brushed my shoulders and I clutched my necklace on instinct.

The necklace he gave to me.

It was simple, a chain and a small pendant that read Ariya. He bought it for me in grade eleven. I haven't taken it off since.

"Rylan it's dark and cold, let's go."

I brung him out here to see the parked tractors and lifts. He's just so fascinated with them.

"Five more minutes, please." He begged while jumping up and down on a rock.

"Okay." I sighed.

He pretended to play as he swung his toy dump truck in the air. I smiled and rubbed my thumb over the necklace.

I've been hiding it under my blouse the whole time so he hasn't seen it, I don't think.

-

"You didn't have to get him a bike." I pressed my ear to the phone and let his voice into my ears.

"How do you know I got it for him?" He pondered.

"It was in our living room at eight in the morning with a note saying from w, I wonder who w is?"

"It's the weekend, take him out riding or something."

"Maybe I will." I smiled to myself at his kindness.

"I gotta go, love you."

"Love you too, bye."

"Bye, babe."

Rylan slumped on the counter with a frown and I slid him some eggs.

"Why the frown?" I leaned forward and ruffled his hair as he cracked a smile.

"That bike over there seems.. lonely." He sighed dramatically.

"It sure does." I smirked down at him with a hand under my chin.

"We should-" He pondered on.

"Come on, I know you're itching to use it."

"Yay!" He yelled as we made our way out the door.

-

"Okay, two hands here." I placed my hands on his helmet to make sure it was secured. He gave me a thumbs up and I nodded.

I held onto the handles and walked with the bike as he peddled.

Let go, Ariya.

He'll fall don't do it.

Do it.

Don't.

I let go and he began to ride down empty street, farther and farther.