15.

Ariya

"Khyson is Rylans biological father."

"What?! What." She yelled then whispered.

"How did, you know him? Well Rylans four, your twenty three. Nine months of pregnancy.. eighteen? Did you go to school with him?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah I did." I breathed. It felt nice letting some of this go. Gosh, my life is so screwed up.

"Fuck. Fuck! And he doesn't know?" She asked.

I shook my head and she gulped back while running a hand over her head.

"Ariya, I'm so sorry. Come here." She pulled me into a hug and I sobbed.

"Please don't tell anyone, Amara, please. Please tell me I can trust you." I begged.

"I won't tell anyone, I promise.. come on let's get you home."

The car ride was silent. Very silent, until I spoke.

"We we're friends, best friends. Since the fourth grade, we planned our future together. Then we got into different universities, and we wanted to peruse different things." I sighed, wiping my cheeks.

"Mhm." She nodded.

"It was the night before I left, he let me stay over. Confessed and one thing after another.. I left and two weeks later found out I was pregnant."

"You didn't think of going back and telling him?" She asked.

"I was miles away and I had gotten into my dream school. I know this is what he wanted to do, and a kid would just halt his plans.. I think I was just afraid of what he'd say. If he'd want it or not." I shrugged.

"I've lived five years of my life with that secret weighing painfully down on my shoulders, I'm just-I.."

"I'm sorry, I can imagine how hard that would be." She nodded. I nodded while leaning back in my seat. Letting the darkness engulf me.

-

The night was very stressful, Amara insisted on taking Rylan trick or treating instead. And I spent the whole time in bed.

But now it was twelve in the morning and I couldn't sleep.

Pulling the covers off of my body I made my way into the bathroom. Turning the light on and staring back at my tired expression.

"You're okay."

I splashed some water on my face and walked out into the kitchen, glancing into Rylans room before filling a glass of water and sitting on a stool.

Until my phone vibrated and I picked it up.

From unknown number: recognized contact number number as; Khy :)

I wanted to apologize for what I did, I'm sorry. Whatever it was that made you leave.

Add contact

"Oh my god!" I whispered yelled, dropping my phone on the counter. How does my phone still recognize his number? It's been almost five years. I leaned back so my back hit the edge of the stool. Placing my arm on my upper stomach I took a breath. Breathe, breathe, Ariya.