47

Ariya

"Let it out, it's okay." I rubbed his back gently as he vomited into the toilet.

I hated seeing Rylan in pain, I hated seeing him struggle or cry. I didn't want him feeling like that.

He leaned back into my arms with a frown.

"You wanna lay down?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded. I lifted him up and carried him down the hall and into my bedroom. He maneuvered himself underneath the covers as I kissed his forehead.

I watched him fall asleep before walking out into the living room.

"How is he?" Khyson asked.

"Better than yesterday."

"I'm sorry about.. all of this." I chuckled nervously. I dropped my head so my eyes wouldn't have to face his response. I rubbed my hands together before he grabbed them and they stopped.

"It's okay, okay?" He nodded.

"What are we doing, Khyson?" I asked truthfully, staring up at him blankly. I needed an answer, some sort of answer from him.

"What?" He asked with a small smile.

"What are we doing?" I shook my head tiredly and gripped his hands tighter.

"What do you want us to be doing?"

"I don't know." I said in a whisper, maybe hoping even I wouldn't even hear it.

He stared into my eyes, sending chills down my spine. I could feel his thumbs making soft circles on the back of my palm.

I hadn't even realized I was leaning into him.

"Mama!"

We both stopped, our noses touching before we both bursts into nervous laughter. I squeezed his hand before letting go to tend to Rylan.

I scurried down the hall into my room before nodding.

"You okay?" I pressed my hand to his forehead.

"Can you lay with me?" He pouted before I nodded.

"Of course I can, I'm just gonna go make sure Khyson leaves, okay?"

"No! I want him to stay." He rolled over.

"You want him here?" I leaned down with a cocked brow, running my hand down his arm.

"Yeah."

"Okay." I sighed.

I walked back out and faced Khyson with embarrassed eyes.

"Rylan wants you to stay.. if that's okay with you?" I pressed my palms together and glanced down to the floor. I looked back up so our eyes met.

"He wants you to lay with him."

"Of course I will." He nodded shyly. I followed him into my room before I watching Rylans eyes gleam with happiness as he caught a glimpse of Khyson.