38

Ariya

Amara didn't have any classes today and the office had a day off because of all the snow. Although Rylan still had to go to school so found myself with a day off.

After a bit of lounging around all four of us decided to get Chinese for lunch. Technically it was supposed to be a double date but William was working and Khyson was-well single so.

There we all sat at a small booth in the corner of the restaurant with plates of food.

Amara knew more than she should have, in which I only have myself to blame. Everyone Moment she got she would eye Khyson and I. Making me a little worried.

"Since you two have know each other since training wheels please do enlighten us with some embarrassing stories." Kameron laughed before Amara jabbed his side with a spoon.

"We haven't known each other for that long." I sipped on my soup as Khyson's eyes burned into my body.

"Fourth grade, training wheels, same thing." He shrugged.

"No, that's not necessary." Khyson shook his head.

"Yes it is, spill for us."

"I mean there was one time Khyson broke his wrist while ice skatin-or-or! The time we went skinny dipping at four in the morning w-"

Before I could finish Khyson placed his palms over my mouth. Something he always did when we were kids.

"I would like to hear about both-" Kameron pressed on.

Khyson removed his hands from my mouth before I smiled and took a long sip of my water.

"Did you guys graduate together?" Kameron asked, I heard Amara hit his shin under the table and I cracked a smile.

"Yeah." Khyson answered.

"So what happened-you two just lost touch or?"

Maybe hours of me staring at his sleeping body wouldn't make me leaving any more depressing.

Or when he twisted and turned, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Maybe I should stay, be with him.

I can't just up my plans of school down the drain for him. Could I?

I carefully replaced myself with a pillow and walked into his bathroom.

This was potentially the last time I'd be seeing him. The last time I'd smell his cologne and aftershave, his hugs, his soft kisses on my forehead.

I watched the sun begin to peak through his blinds.

It was now or never.

Now or never.

Now.

"I need-I need to use the bathroom, excuse me."

"Oh-ok." Amara nodded as I slid out of the booth.

I could feel the twinge of pain in my eyes as the breeze pricked my eyes. It felt like everyone I passed eyed me in shame.