16.

Ariya

"No, you see if I knock the wall between the kitchen and the living room out it'll look bigger, the wall cramps up the area."

"Yeah, but at the same time you can add like a partition instead, like-"

"I know what a partition is, Ariya."

"Sorry, sorry I was ju-who is that?" I watched a woman storm into Khysons office, her purse clutched to her side with a maddened expression.

He turned his head and sighed.

"Ugh, that's cassie.. Khysons ex wife."

What.

"He was married?" I'm not allowed to be jealous, I don't want that. I'm not supposed to want that.

"Mhm, for two years." He nodded.

"What made them break up?"

"She claimed he was abusing her until it came out that she was stealing all his money. She drew a few bruises on and tried to end him but he won, now every once in a while she comes back when she's broke."

"Oh."

We watched as his big double doors busted open, Khyson's hands were on her shoulders as he forced her out.

"No! You lied!" She yelled.

"I need security up here." He said into his intercom. I furrowed my brows and watched this mess unfold beneath my eyes.

"You said you were over that girl! That girl from high school! You lied!"

I sat up, my skin forming sweat as my lip caught between my teeth. Furrowing my brows in worry.

Me? He's not over me?

That was a while ago Ariya, stop.

I needed to know more.

"A girl from Highschool?" I asked Kameron in a whisper.

"Khyson's been stuck on this girl since Highschool, but he won't tell anyone her name. He needs to suck it up and move on, she's probably out there somewhere married and thriving while he's still stuck on her." He sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked softly.

"He was moping.. for two whole years, I was the first person he hired. I helped him start this, he's been stuck on her for too long."

"Technically I should thank her, if it wasn't for her Khyson and I wouldn't be friends. So thank you mysterious girl." He joked.

I laughed nervously and continued watching her get pulled away by security.

He was moping over me for months? He couldn't be? Maybe it's some other girl, not me. You're over yourself, Ariya.

It's not you.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, sorry." I chuckled.