26.

Ariya

I shrugged my coat and boots on, making my way down the building and into the parking lot. Slipping into my car and pushing the keys into the ignition.

After parking I rounded the corner, bracing my eyes against the long line going down the block of the toy store.

Great, just great.

I began making my way to the end of the line and grounded my feet.

"Jesus." I sighed.

"Problem?"

"Oh my god!" I spun around in my heels and the sturdy face of Khyson invaded my eye line.

Just who I need to see.

"Mr. Johnson.." I was speechless. This is all I need today.

"Please call me Khyson."

I don't want to call you Khyson, I spent years of my life calling you Khyson, I don't-

"Here for the car?" I sighed.

"Mhm." He nodded. Yet I couldn't seem to get my mind of of his raspy voice coating the shell of my ears.

I can't talk to him. I'm convinced my five years of secrecy would be down the drain.

"Who are you buying it for?" I crossed my arms and shielded myself from the wind.

"Just a Friends son." He shrugged. Khyson had no siblings, no parents, no grandfather and a grandmother. He'd been alone for most of his life but I couldn't tell if it had affected him or not.

"How's things going with.. um-yo-"

"William?" He nodded with a small smile showing off his dimples. His smiles quickies caused one to etch on my face.

"Yeah.. him."

"It's.. going." I sighed. I regretted the words that slipped past my lips, silently scolding myself for the consequences that were to come. Yet it didn't burn my chest, it felt comforting to confide within him.

"Well, is everything all right?"

"I really don't know." I chuckled softly. That burned. The thought of William and I's relationship withering away made me panic, I had always thought I'd marry him and he'd adopt Rylan and move in together, but now Khyson was back and I didn't know how to feel.

"Well, are you alright?" He asked.

"For the most part, yeah." I nodded.

"The most part? What about that other part?"

"I don't know.. I'm not used to people asking me to.. rant." I laughed yet I knew he knew it was fake.

"Well, you should be prepared because it looks like this line won't be moving for quite a while." He leaned forward on his tippy toes while eyeing me down.

"True." I laughed.

Suddenly his hand removed itself from its pocket and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I felt a shiver well known it not being from the cold weather coax down my spine.