42

Ariya

6 years ago

Suddenly the bell rang and I gathered my books into my bag. Slinging the bag over my shoulder and walking down the hall to my locker.

17.. 4.. 9

The metal box open with a creak and I grabbed all my stuff. Right as I shut the locker I noticed Khyson standing behind the door.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." He beamed.

"Are you playing tonight?" I asked Khyson. Khyson was on the basketball team and they happened to be playing a home game tonight. With my brothers away let's just say I had a lot of free time.

"Yup, you coming?"

"Always."

"Get here early so I can bask in some of your good luck, okay?" He kissed my forehead before braving his palms on my shoulders.

"Okay." I laughed.

"Khyson!" We both heard one of his friends call.

"Go, I need to get home." I smiled.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, love you." I smiled.

"Love you." He said quickly before running off. I sighed while making my way out of the school. Most days I got ride from Khyson, others I took my bike. But in rare occasions when the weather was nice and the sun was shining I walked. It was quite the walk but it was nice.

My brothers were away at camp for a month so I was pretty much all alone. Don't get me wrong I loved the peace but it definitely got lonely sometimes.

After I got home I jumped in the shower and made myself something small. Usually I'd be at work but I had a day off today.

So as of right now I was enduring in some television and consuming some kraft dinner. A nice little calming, peaceful time for me. I sighed while leaning my head back.

-

I always sat front row at Khyson's games, he would always look for me in the crowd and if they were loosing he'd run up to me with nothing to say. I'd just tell him it was okay and he'd smile.

I pushed the gym doors open while seeing the roaring crowd and an empty court. I made my way through the benches of people and took a seat right at the bottom of the bleachers.

Pulling my phone out. I scrolled through some useless nonsense before feelings a pat on my shoulder. I turned to my right to see Khyson in his shorts and jersey.

Number 5

"Aren't you supposed to be back there?" I giggled while pointing to the doors at the side of the gym.

"Yeah."

We both laughed before he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.