8.

Pls tell me if y'all r liking the story so far. 😩😩

Ariya

"I need someone to stay late and complete the projects we have due tonight, and since you love galavanting around my workplace with doctor dearest I think it fits the punishment." He sighed while leaning back in the chair adjacent of my desk.

"I um.. tonight?" I stuttered.

"Mhm." He nodded.

"I-I don't know if I'm free?" I stated. I needed to pick Rylan up, cook him dinner. The last thing I needed to do was ditch him on the night we were supposed to make cookies together.

"Well if you need to cancel them."

"But s-"

"Now."

I sighed in defeat and nodded, I guess cookies can wait.

"Okay, let me just make some calls."

I waited obviously for him to leave as he realized and chuckled.

"Pretend I'm not here." He waved his arms before reaching over to grab a jelly bean from my small bowl.

I pulled out my cell phone and dialled Williams number, like he'd answer.

Please answer, William.

"Ariya, is everything alright?" His voiced was laced with concern.

"Am disturbing you?"

"No, it's my lunch break.. you're lucky."

"I need you to pick him up today, I have to work late." Mr. Johnson eyed me carefully and I shrugged off his gaze.

"Okay, that shouldn't be a problem."

"Make him something small, I'll call the school."

"Okay, love you."

"I-love you too." I whispered into the phone as his neck twitched in front of me.

I dialled the number of Rylan's school and waited for them to pick up.

"St. Pauls."

"Hi."

I let them know William was picking him up and hung up.

When I hung up we stared back at each other for what seemed like hours. Until he randomly stood up and left.

I sighed loudly and prepared for my metal demise.

-

I sat in the adjacent chair in Mr. Johnson's office, filling out the paper work.

"The Chinese food is downstairs I'll go grab it." He said while strutting to the open door. I leaned back in the chair and let out a deep breath.

We've been nothing but quiet, almost refusing to talk to each other the whole time. I think it's for the best because which ever one of us speaks will ultimately turn to pure chaos.