50

Ariya

"He asked me on a.. date."

"What! Are you fucking kidding me!?" I could hear her voice through the phone loud and clear.

"Khyson asked you on a date?" I heard Rylans low mumbled as his body shifted under my arm.

"No, baby, go back to sleep." I ruffled his hair before his eyes fell closed and I continued speaking to Amara.

Once I knew he was asleep I got up, shut the door and stepped into Rylans room.

"I mean, are you ready to move on from William or do you still need time?"

That was the question I was asking myself through the whole ride home yesterday.

"I don't know, Amara. I still.. I feel like.. I don't know. I haven't had the closure I need with him. He just up and left." I rested my cheek on my knee while biting my nail.

"Why don't you call him, get that closure."

"He knows, Amara. He knows about Khyson and Rylan."

"You told him!?"

"No! No! No! He read.. he read my non-diary."

"Why the fuck do you even have a diary, you're not fucking fifteen!?" She retorted, I planted my face on my knee before shaking my head.

"How was I supposed to know he was gonna read it!?"

"What exactly was in there?"

"It was me talking about you know Khyson. How he makes me feel."

"And how do we know he's not going to.. per se.. leak any of that."

"I know William, he's never do something like that."

That was the biggest lie I've ever told. I had no idea what he'd do with that information.

"You mean the same William who read your diary?"

"Maybe you're right, I should call him."

"It doesn't have to be this long Ted talk, just get to the point, be honest and let him know how you feel. And since I'm not sick anymore I can come by and watch Rylan."

"You do realize Rylan is still sick." I sighed.

She shook her head while blowing a breath from her lips.

"Pshhhh! I don't care."

"That's exactly what I said before he vomited on me but I don't really have a choice because I'm his mother." I cocked my head at her before she groaned.

"Like ninety five percent of motherhood is vomit I don't know what you were expecting."

I shook my head as we began to get of topic.

"Anyways, yeah, I'll reach out, thanks."

"No problem."