59

Ariya

"Shit." I glanced down at my sweats, drenched in liquid. I still have a month until I'm due? I stepped to the counter and hissed under my breath when I felt a hard pain in my lower stomach.

It can't be.

My water broke.

I grabbed my phone on the counter and dialed Zion's number. He was the closest.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked calmly.

"My water broke."

"What! Are you sure!? You still have a month left!?" I could hear his scream from the phone.

"Yes I wa-fuck!" I squinted my eyes closed, clutching my belly in pain.

"Ariya, I'm coming okay? Just breathe." He said.

"Okay." I nodded, taking a few deep breaths. In and out. He hung up.

I took a few steps to the table and took a seat, breathing in and out.

"Come on baby, it's gonna be okay.. just.. just stay put." I rubbed my stomach, feeling his kicking.

I should've been prepared for this but I just simply wasn't. I hadn't decided on a name, I did have a bag packed, but I just, this was all happening so fast.

The door unlocked and I watched Zion rush up to me with furrowed brows. He grabbed the underside of my elbow and helped me up.

"Come on."

He helped me down and into his car, that he bought himself. He's being doing so well on his own these days I'm just so proud of h-ah fuck this hurts.

He began down the road and I kept my eyes closed.

Almost as if shutting them would take us there faster.

"Faster!" I demanded.

"I can't go through the cars!"

"Fuck!" I cursed.

"Keep breathing, okay?" I nodded, listening to his words.

I felt the car park before the door shut and he rushed aside to my door and helped me out. In the matter of seconds I was dressed in a gown and laid on the bed.

"This baby's coming now." I watched the doctor peak his head from my legs.

The room filled with my groans and moans.

The only person I wanted right now was, Khyson. I needed Khyson to be here, to kiss my forehead and rub my hand. I need him, now.

I couldn't admit that, though.

I squeezed Zions hand, hearing his low groans of pain.

"Miss, Kingston? I'm gonna count to three, when I say push start pushing and then stop when I tell you, alright?" He instructed me.