23.

Ariya

"I brought the salsa. Am I late?" I asked Amara right as she opened the door.

My skinny jeans and graphic tee thriving in their moment.

"You're good, the game doesn't start until six."

"She brought the salsa, boys!" She yelled to a now revealed Khyson and Kameron on the couch.

"I told you she wouldn't be late." Khyson murmured to Kameron. I smiled to myself before following Amara into the kitchen.

"What'd I miss?" I asked Amara while leaning on the counter. She shook her head and turned her gaze from the food to me.

"They had a fight about who'd be allowed to control the tv, it was.. entertaining. Khyson threatened to fire him, Kameron threatened to end their friendship, the usual." I laughed while taking a little of the celery dip on a carrot and biting the end off.

"Khyson got these cookies, mini cookie things for you.. he said you liked them?" She handed the bag to me and I furrowed my brows.

Did he remember because I hadn't eaten any during work.

He remembered.

"You alright?" She asked while moving around the island.

"Yeah."

I've seemed to hear that question at all hours of the day.

"Come on.. let's go sit." She nudged me towards the couch before going to sit beside Kameron.

Third person POV

Making the only available seat next to Khyson. He cleared his throat and scooted aside to make more room for her. Ariya was nervous, nervous to sit, nervous to fucking be here.

"I can sit on the ground-"

"There's no need." He shook his head while patting the seat beside him. Ariya pulled herself down on the couch beside him as the sudden scent of his warm cologne filled her nostrils.

"Do you watch basketball?" He asked her.

"Occasionally." She nodded with shrug.

"Where's Rylan tonight? We miss him." Kameron leaned over to tell us as she itched her head before responding.

"He's with William." She nodded.

"Bring him over next time, he's a good kid." Amara said while cuddling closer into Kameron. Ariya nodded with a smile while pressing herself into the other side of the couch.

-

It's been almost a half an hour into the game and both of them were screaming and cheering.

Ariya knew Khyson had always been passionate about his basketball.

But it wasn't too soon before his elbow jerked back, right into her nose.

"Shit!" She mumbled.

Khyson retorted back in embarrassment as Ariya painfully held her nose.