49

My power is out and this is the only thing I can do so, enjoy ig

Ariya

"Here.. blow." I held the napkin to his nose as he emptied his nose. Pinching the napkin away from his nose before handing it to Khyson.

"Ew." I heard him mumble.

"There's a couple of his clothes in here, and medicine and I have kids gravol too-"

"He'll be fine, Ariya." Amara nodded while taking his shoulder into the apartment.

"Let's go, Ariya." Khyson placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You have my number!" I yelled before she closed the door.

"Amara will take care of him, stop worrying." He ushered me into the elevator before I nodded frantically. We silently made our way down to the parking garage and got into his car.

"Are you excited?" I spoke lowly.

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugged, turning the wheel to back out with a hand on my seat.

"You think she'll remember me?" I mumbled. That was a stupid question, if she can't even remember her own grandson how would she ever remember me, god think, Ariya.

"Maybe, sometimes she'll remember her nurse and not me so.. anything is possible." He shrugged silently. I could tell it hurt, when he talked about his grandma not remembering him, I couldn't imagine how that would feel.

"You returning to work tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yeah, I can't avoid it forever. The break was nice but I need to get back into the loop." I nodded, as much as I love to lounge around and relax as the next guy, my life seems so meaningless without work, I mean yeah being a mother is great and all but I need something to do, keep my mind off things, it's a good distraction.

"Yeah, the office misses you." He smiled.

"I doubt that." I chuckled.

"It's true, just last Friday Vera got all up in my face asking me if you were okay after what happened with William."

My face fell at his name, dropping my head with a small sigh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't m-"

"No-it's fine, what did you say?"

"I just told her you were taking a short leave.. the office loves you, you know." His lips curled into a small smirk. I hadn't realized how many people actually cared about my presence, which hurt a little, am I that narcissistic?

"I didn't realize, that's all." I nodded.

The car pulled into a lot of a senior living home. He parked the car and shut it off before opening the door, coming around to open mine and helping me out.

"How long has she been in here?" I asked.

"I tried to have her at home for as long as possible, it got to a point where she couldn't care for herself, I had a nurse coming by almost everyday. I didn't want to put her in a home, but when the nurse said she couldn't live alone I had her come live with me..." I hadn't realized until he stopped a couple feet in front of the doors to finish his sentence.