48

Ariya

"I don't know, Zion. I really don't know?" I leaned forward while chewing on my nail.

"I'm told you, let him confess his love for you without knowing first, if he says he doesn't care about Rylan being his or not then you'll know he really loves you."

"I just, what if he asks me if Rylan is his?"

"Deny, deny, deny. You gots to make sure he loves you. Like in the office! When Ang-"

"Yes I know." I nodded.

"That's my dearest advice to you young one."

We all knew I was the oldest, yet all three of them seemed to act like my three older protecters.

"Goodbye, Zion." I spoke sarcastically.

"Good bye young one! I wish you all the luck on y-" that was before I hung up before he could finish. I took a long sigh before looking down at the time on my phone.

4:31am

Zion was always the one to wake me up with his early phone calls. Both Khyson and Rylan were late risers. I didn't want to think about Rylans connected traits right now.

It was still dark outside and I knew the sun wouldn't rise for a good three hours. I laid back on my makeshift bed couch and sighed.

"I could clean?" I mumbled to myself.

I turned the lamp on and folded up the blankets on my makeshift bed couch. Walking over to the kitchen before putting some water in the kettle. I opened my phone, mindlessly scrolling through it before I heard some footsteps down the hall.

I lifted my head up and watched a shirtless Khyson walk into the kitchen, his morning issue prominent through his boxers. I watched him walk through the kitchen with his head down before lifting it up and jumping.

"Jesus! Ariya, like a god damn ghost." He shook his head before I pulled out two tea bags.

"Tea?"

"Yes please." He sighed.

"Could you put some pants on, please." I asked sweetly.

"What do y-" He glanced down at his evident issue before covering himself with his hands and nodding.

"I'll be back." He chuckled nervously.

A couple minutes later he came back with his lower half fully clothed before we both chuckled in the darkness.

"You just left my son alone, by himself?" I crossed my arms and eyed him. I watched as his eyes widened.

"No, no, no! He's fine, he's sleeping, I even made a barrier on the sides with pillows so he won't roll off, and a b-"

"I'm joking, Khyson. Why are you up anyways?" I shook my head with a small smile.

"I don't know, I knew you'd be up." He inched closer.

"How'd you know that?" I challenged.