7.

Ariya

"Sleep well?" I asked Rylan as he climbed onto a stool.

Just as I asked Amara came barreling through, her backpack on her back with a smile on her face.

"Ah, good morning friends." She smiled.

"Morning Amara." I said as she plopped beside Rylan.

"No, it was loud last night." Rylan shook his head. Amara giggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class, any class?" I asked.

"Yeah, in a half an hour." She took my toast and I sighed.

"Kameron says you're mighty good at this new job."

"It's not all that, go get your bag." I shook my head. Patting Rylan on the back as he jumped off the stool and ran into his room.

Amara glanced to the side and then turned to me.

"Why don't you want Kameron knowing about Rylan?" She asked.

I took a deep breath and gripped the counter with my palms. Looking down as I clutched my eyes together.

I then walked to the edge and grabbed my pills from my bag, popping the cap and swallowing one with some water.

"Hey? Is everything okay?" Her voice softened. I nodded.

"Yeah, it's nothing. I just don't want that going around the office. People always tend to ask, and question and scold. Oh "you look a little young" "where's his father" "your raising him all alone?" I just, I don't want them to think I'm any less capable of getting the job done, that's all." I shot her a small smile and she nodded.

"Okay, I'll make sure he doesn't know. Kameron wants me to stop by and have lunch with him, how about we all eat a little something?" She smiled.

"That would be great, just don't skip class." She chuckled and nodded.

"I brought coffee!" I glanced to the right to see William in his doctors coat and two coffees in his hand.

"Hey babe." He smiled.

I leaned up and pecked his lips before taking the coffee from his hands.

"Ah, who is this?" She leaned forward.

"Amara this is my boyfriend William." I said as I packed everything in my bag. She smirked.

"I can see you're a doctor."

"Paediatrician." He corrected and I chuckled.

"Can you go get Rylan in his room and make sure he has his stuff?" I asked while I finished cleaning the kitchen.

"Sure." He disappeared down the hall.

"You really have him wrapped around your finger, don't you." She leaned over with a smile.

"No." The blush began to creep up on my cheeks.