36: The Ruby Necklace

Ririro : this is the box.

Reimi studies it " mmm..." She makes a disgruntled noise.

Ririro : bad news ?

Reimi : this box is used to seal an object. So that its presence won't be known to curses. So curse won't come and be attracted to it.

Ririro ; I see.

Reimi ; what's in it ?

Ririro: a ruby necklace with this inscription.

Reimi takes over the written piece of paper " this is not complete. "

Ririro ; I could only remember some words.

Reimi goes to her room , pulls out a drawer and takes a bag. She goes to where Anna was resting. Asahi and ririro follows her.

Reimi ; show me your chest.

Anna : what ?

Reimi ; pull down your collar.

Anna does as told. Reimi then takes a fist of grey powder and smears it over where her necklace was supposed to be. Then it starts to appear , glowing.

Anna : what is that ?!!

Reimi starts to read it " now it all makes sense. "

Anna : what makes sense?

Reimi walks out of the room.

Anna : hey. Hey !!

Reimi : that ruby. It's meant to be like a jujutsu sorcerer tool. It amplifies negative energy and stores it. It also absorbs negative energy when curses are killed. It for jujutsu sorcerers who ... Don't have much... Energy on their own.

Asahi ; what's it doing with her ?

Reimi ; must have a lot of stress in her job. If get upset easily. Or where's she's working is very high strung. Easy collection.

Asahi : explains why she could suddenly see curses.

Ririro ; the curse wanted both her and the necklace.

Reimi : the necklace recognises its owner. Anna has been engraved, hence its owner. Only she can use its energy. So to use the necklace's energy without her...

Ririro : they have to kill her. Is there a way to separate the wearer and the necklace ? Without killing her.

Reimi: there is such a spell I can use. But it will hurt. But we need to get the necklace back. But the curse...

Ririro: I know the curse.  Or actually, Dante knows the curse.

__________________________________

Dante : that's great! Let's go. Now.

Reimi ; I want to wait till Anna is better. So she can undertake the spell.

Dante : we could go kill it , get back the necklace. Wait till she's better, then do the spell.

Reimi : bringing that thing back, just creates more trouble. Anna will fight for the bond not to be broken. The Ruby self defense kicks in, it will force Anna to use it on us. It's better we get it at the site, destroy at the site.

Ririro ; just a few days. Dante.

Dante: alright...