56: A Change of Mind

Ririro finished her food early. Her mood was written all over her face. She placed her cutlery into the sink.

reimi: ririro. What's wrong?

ririro: hm? Nothing.

Reimi stood up and goes to her side " I am always here if you need me. We are family. Remember?" Ririro stopped and looked to reimi. Tears threaten to fall. But when ririro could see Dante sitting in the same room from the corner of the room... Her face changed.

Her face blacks " Dante... Arigatou... for all the days we have been together. I will treasure it..."

Dante: ririro. What are you talking about?

" .... Let's break up." and she runs out of the room.

reimi: what's going on...?

__________________________________

Reimi and ririro sat at the fountain.

Reimi: alright. What happened ?

Ririro : huh ?

Reimi : Dante. He's a good guy. He and you have been together for four months. You both seem happy.

Ririro ; he is really nice to me. He makes me think, I can go home to him too.

Reimi : then why ?

Ririro : .... I can't have children.

Reimi ; how do you know ?

Ririro ; no, more accurately, I shouldn't have children.

Reimi : what are you talking about?

Ririro ; I'm a Nui . My children will be a Nui. My grandpa and wanted the same thing , my mama did for me. I understand why now...

Reimi : ririro.

" I have family. I'm happy with that. " She smiled " you'll never leave me right ? Always be my family. "

Reimi : um. I won't.

__________________________________

Asahi : welcome home.

Reimi ; asahi.

Asahi : what did ririro say ?

Reimi shakes her head " it's not good. She seemed like she made up her mind. "

Asahi : eh ? That's sad. They're good together. You can't change her mind ?

Reimi : I can't...

Asahi : that's right. You're only soft to ririro. You're harsh to everyone else.

" Huh ? What did you say ?" Reimi lifted an eyebrow.

Asahi : especially ~ harsh with me.

She pouts and hits him playfully " be careful I run away from home. "

Asahi ; then... Let me seduce you with breakfast tomorrow.

She nods " sounds good. "

At this time, the door knocks. She goes to open " Dante. " She lets him in.

Asahi ; yo.

Dante : so ? What did she say ?

Reimi: she's a Nui. She doesn't want to have Nui children because she doesn't want them to go through what she gone through.

Dante : a Nui... I've never really asked. What's that ?
.
.
.
Dante ; so she doesn't want her children to be treated like a monster?  Doesn't matter, I don't treat them like it. You guys, won't right ?

Asahi : it's not that simple. Nuis are treated like sacrificial lambs. They have to be supervised all their lives.

Dante : I won't let that happen to our children !!

Asahi ; .... Gomen.  But you're not strong enough. Eat to die. That's the best sentence to describe a Nui.

Dante: you don't know that !!

Reimi ; you don't understand. Whenever needed, you don't get to choose. Nuis do what they must do.

Dante clenches his fist " there's nothing I can change that... I understand that. But I still... " He took out a box, he opened it , it was a ring.

Reimi ; you wanted to marry her ?

Dante ; there was no reason not to. Help me pass this to her, she has been avoiding me. Tell her... It's ok we don't have children. We can always adopt if she loves children. I love her. I want to be with her for the rest of my life.