65: I Let You Go

Dante: ririro. You feeling ok ?

She sat up in her bed " I guess. Sighs. Sorry. I did something stupid and got myself in trouble."

Dante: it's ok. Now you're back.

Ririro: um

Dante: then... Did it change your mind about us ?

Ririro: gomen. No . Dante... Do you want to go home ?

Dante : ririro. What do you mean ? I am, home.

Ririro ; home as in... England. Where you came from.

Dante : .... You're pushing me away, that far ?

Ririro ; I don't want you to waste your time on me. I won't change my mind.

Dante ; because of how our kid would be ? We can always adopt. Ririro. Families doesn't have to be of blood. Right ? See. You and Reimi. Gojo.

Ririro : .... .... I don't want to have a family.

Dante ; you mean, you don't want to have a family with me.

Ririro : I mean... I don't want to have any kids.

Dante ; .... Ririro...

Ririro ;.... Go home Dante. Find someone else.... Better than me. Someone... Who doesn't bring danger to others

He couldn't say anything. What could he say ? She just dropped a bomb he never thought she would.

He left her room and saw Reimi and asahi outside. It seemed they heard everything

Reimi entered as he left.

Asahi : wanna go for a walk ?

Dante shrugged.

__________________________________

Asahi : we heard everything.

Dante ; .... I knew she didn't want her own kids. I just never thought... She wouldn't even consider other options. I thought she loved, being part of a family

Asahi ; seems contradicting huh. For a girl who loves family so much

Dante ; I love her. I do. It's just... Sometimes I feel like I don't understand her at all. She doesn't tell me anything. It's hard to reach her. It's like...

Asahi : like ?

Dante ; she only ever talks to Reimi or Gojo about her thoughts. Like... I'm an outsider peeping in.

Asahi : I've known ririro since high school. But then we lost contact and then I found out she became a jujitsu user. We only got closer as friends after Reimi and I were a thing. Then you know... I got married and all that. My point is... Even I still don't get ririro unless I ask her. She's quiet about her thoughts and needs nudging.

Dante ; so I should have asked ?

Asahi ; well, you asked just now didn't you ? And you got clear answers.

Dante : damn it...

Asahi ; so... Is it important to you ? To have kids.

Dante :.... I... I don't know.

__________________________________

Ririro : Reimi. Your tummy is so big now.

Reimi : yup. I am ready for this little baby to come out.

Ririro smiled " have you thought of a name ?"

Reimi ; nope. I think the baby is waiting for her aunt ririro to come back.

Ririro : hehe. Is it ?

Reimi: is it really ok ? I know having your own family, is something you wanted for a long time.

Ririro ; I have you guys.

Reimi : ririro. You've always had that smile when you talk about the future with Dante.

Tears fell down her cheeks " .... Reimi... I... I'm thankful Dante ever gave me that dream. But... But I can't."

Reimi held onto her hand into hers " why ?"

Ririro: I don't want to give birth to a Nui to have him or her be cursed their entire life. I don't want to have an adopted kid that'll have to face, that I'm a monster. I attract those things. I have to make a kid to learn how to defend himself over things he can't see ? I don't want that... I don't want .

" My poor girl." Reimi hugs her in

__________________________________

Ririro sheathes her blade, she packs some more daggers into her small pouch. She opens the door and leaves down the corridor.

She meets principal yaga

Yaga : you feeling ok ? Ririro.

She nodded " you have a mission for me ?"

Yaga : gojo is out. I need someone as good as you. It's nearby too. Gomen. I know you just recovered.

Ririro ; it's ok.

Yaga ; and... Dante is actually leaving soon. He told you ?

Ririro : no

Yaga: I think you should talk to Dante before he leaves.

Ririro ; oh. That's today ?

Yaga ; no. Few days later. I'm sorry ririro. But I understand why you made the decision you did.

Ririro ; you think it's right ?

Yaga : I would have done the same for my own kids.

__________________________________

" Dante." She called out. Her clothes were splattered with blood. Not her blood. Humans turned curses , red blood.

Dante ; ririro. You should take a shower

Ririro: you're going home ?

Dante ; no. Just going another branch. Couldn't leave Japan. My parents are japanese. This is, my hometown. I guess you're not the only thing I fell in love here.

She smiled " I guess. "

Dante ; .... Ririro. I understand. So I let you go. Because this makes you in pain. So, you have to be happy now. Ok ?

Her tears fell. She hugs him " Dante. Thank you. I once did thought of it. Having a family with you." She squeezed his shirt " but I can't anymore. I want you to be happy. You deserve.... More."

He squeezed back " you silly. "

Ririro let's go of the hug " last kiss. Then we say goodbye. ok ?"

" Ok. " And he kisses. She indulges.

Both of them teared. They did love each other. But they weren't meant to be.

They both wanted a family together. This was what they both wanted.

But now, she couldn't have kids because the thought of it was horrifying.

And he couldn't do anything to lessen that pain. But to only leave her.