51: Her Father Hates Her Job

Banri : this is...

He flashbacks to that night's event.

He pushes through the door and sees hakiro sitting in the chair. His head bowed down slouched. He had never seen hakiro in this manner before.

Banri: father ?

Hakiro kept quiet.

" Banri" Yuko called out with the girl baby in her hands. Ririro

Banri: mother. What happened ? You told me to come home now.

Yuko ; .... Follow me.

He followed her mother to their house backyard. He sees a gravestone and goes nearer to look at it.

Mari Houin

Banri ; mother...

Yuko ; yes banri ?

Banri : Mari... Mari...

Yuko: yes. She's gone.

Banri ; why ?  What happened ? What happened ?!!

.
.
.

Banri looks at his own father, hakiro tear out the circular burned plank  out. The burnt plank was where the ritual was held

Banri : why ?

Hakiro ; why what ?

Banri ; why did you agree ?

Hakiro ; she wanted it. And she was going to die. She doesn't want her baby girl to become like us.

Banri : .... She's right. Your kind... Only causes death.

Yuko ; banri !!

Hakiro : it's fine.

Banri picks up the torn pieces of the plank.

Hakiro ; leave it. I want one piece.

Banri ; for what ?

Hakiro takes a large chunk that had the seals on it " if this breaks on its own. I would know. "

End of flashback~

Banri : this broke on its own. That means ririro... Her seal broke. She can see curses now.

Reimi : she's a jujutsu user.

Banri : ha. Mari did all for nothing.

Reimi ; mari-san... She and you close ?

Banri ; we grew up together. Like siblings. I never called her my nee-chan. But we certainly grew up like so. Why bring me this ?

Reimi ; I'm getting married . With a guy. His name is Asahi Aka.

Banri: oh. They make cursed weapons.

Reimi : you know more than I think.

Banri laughed a little " because I'm a doctor ? I trained a bit as a kid. I can see too, remember? Have to defend myself somehow. Father never taught me more. Just enough. As my jii said."

Reimi: so ... You'll come ?

Banri : silly girl. Of course I'll come. I hate your job. Because you're putting yourself at risk to death. But I'll go.

Reimi : you're ok with my fiancee ?

Banri : well, they only make cursed weapons. They don't risk killing curses as much as you. At least there's someone who's waiting for you at home.

Reimi smiled " um !! I'll send you the details. I'll even introduce ririro to you !"

Banri looked to the burnt plank " then this..."

Reimi ; jii asked me to take it here. In case you didn't want to come to my wedding