45: A Mother's Sacrifice

Shisui was sitting in the living room with ririro. He sipped tea and watched Hakiro who was sitting outside on the wooden platform beside a small table. Hakiro was looking out to something.

" what are you thinking about? Hakiro." he asked as he noticed hakiro stare out for quite a long time.

Hakiro: Mari. The day she asked me to do that stupid request.

Shisui: ...You did what she wanted. I don't blame you. I blame her... for not asking me. We could have been a family.

Flashback~

Mari pushed opened the door and she collapsed onto the floor with her toddler in her arm "... hakiro-nii..."

Hakiro: mari !! what happened?!!

There was a gaping hole in her stomach, blood soaked her attire. She looked tired but still holding on. Yuko came out " Mari ?!!" she quickly took ririro over "Hakiro ! Carry her over to the couch !" Hakiro does as told, and carries mari over to the couch.

Hakiro: what the hell happened?!!

Mari just smiled " well..."

Hakiro: don't tell me this is a curse. I know how strong you are.

Mari grabbed onto his arm " is... ririro ok?"

Hakiro looked over the couch and at yuko carrying ririro " yes. She is. You brought her to the park to play right? What happened?"

Mari: ... Ha. Maybe Nuis just have a bad life. Maybe the only way... to get rid of this... is to not be a Nui...

Hakiro: what are you talking about? Tell me what happened !!

Yuko had placed ririro in the room. She came out " I will call a healer. You will be just fine, Mari."

Mari: No.

Hakiro looked at her.

Mari : No !!

Hakiro: Don't be nuts !!

Mari pulled his arm so that he would be nearer to her. She whispered into his ear.... which then she lets go. She looked to him " that's why... you need to..." she was now trying to catch her breath.

Hakiro kneeled right beside the couch " do what?"

Mari: do that ritual... seal her abilities. 

Hakiro: I will do that later. Just as you want, ok? Yuko . Go and...

Mari: No !... Use my life...

Hakiro: I can't. I won't... I can't just let you die.

Mari: Have to... I am dying. Do this for me hakiro-nii

Yuko goes over to the couch and cupped her cheek " silly girl. You have to live. For your girl."

Mari smiled and looked to hakiro " this is also for her." Hakiro stood up and looked away.

Yuko pulled hakiro aside " do it. For her."

Hakiro: Yuko !!

Yuko: She's really dying. Her body is turning cold. The healer won't make it in time here. It's a mother's last wish and protection for her child.

.

.

.

Hakiro placed ririro in the middle of the ritual circle " anything to say?"

Mari looked to her toddler sitting in the circle. It was like her child knew her mother was going to die. Her child cried. But Mari just smiled " Be happy ok. Don't cry. I will be watching you. Forever neh. By being a part of you. "

Hakiro took in a deep breath and sighed " yes. This will work for life. But this seals breaks on exception. Ok?"

Mari: warning labels huh? Always careful.

Hakiro: If a curse attacks her, causing her to be on the verge of death, the seal breaks. Self defense mechanism.

Mari: fair enough. Bring her to Takahi. Last wish. 

.

.

.

Shisui carried ririro in his arms tightly " her decision?"

Hakiro: um.

Shisui: I see. She doesn't want her to ever have a chance to be a jujutsu user.

Hakiro: You can say no.

Shisui: No. Call Takahi. This is best for my baby girl.

End ~

" My mama..." Her tears fell and she starts to cry. She runs out.

Hakiro: Stupid brats. You both made the same decision to protect your little girl.

Shisui: Only it ended the same way we didn't want it to end.

Hakiro: stupid kid. Why the hell did you go to England for? I thought you were watching her from afar? How could you let the seal even break?

Shisui: I was chasing a disgusting someone for revenge. I was wrong ok. It seemed like nothing was ever going to go wrong. She was a normal person for so many years. I didn't know...

Hakiro: stupid brat ! Sighs. It's a Nui's fate huh? Cannot escape curses.

Shisui sighed.

Hakiro : go chase your daughter!! What are you waiting for ?!