54: What It Is , Being A Nui

" Hi . Are you Houin Ririro ?"

Ririro : hai. How can I help you ?

" I am from Gojo clan. Could you follow me? Our Head would like to see you."

ririro: Gojo clan...

Satoru's clan. Hmm... what would they want with me? I haven't done anything to them.

ririro: what's the matter?

" nothing much. Just would like to see you . Know more about you."

ririro: know more about me? Why?

" I am not sure. But our Head is pretty keen in seeing you."

ririro: ... ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Reimi: ririro ~ ririro ~ I made your favourite taiyaki.

Asahi : what are you doing here? This is my workspace.

Reimi: I'm looking for ririro. I made taiyaki. 

Asahi: and me? Your own husband?

She places two hot piping pieces onto his table "she is usually either in her room or here... Playing with her tools."

Asahi: she got called out by someone. I think I recognise the butler. 

Reimi sits down " who?"

Asahi picks up the taiyaki and munches a bite " someone from the Gojo clan."

Reimi: huh? What would they want from her? Would she be safe?

asahi: they are a big family. They wouldn't just do anything they liked. Would they...?

Reimi: Hmm... I'm going to make a call.

Asahi: can we have pork miso ramen today?

She walks out " buy vegetables !"

--------------------------------------------------

" You are Houin Ririro?" The old man asked. He seemed to be the Head. He took up the cup of tea and sips it dignified

Ririro: hai...

" To think Mari's child survived. That Hakiro lied to me. He said you did born, but you died upon birth. The birth didn't take. I did want to see your corpse, but Shisui. Ah, your father. He was aggressive in not letting us touch you and your mother's grave. Said he buried the both of you together."

ririro: I know shisui is my father.

" You met him?"

ririro: hai... He returned.

" Do you know your responsibility as a Nui?"

ririro: responsibility?

" I guess that Satoru never told you. He always had a soft spot for those who seemed broken. You are a Nui. Just like your mother."

ririro: What is a Nui?

" Hmm... Nuis... are almost like an abomination. It was said that... "

A long time ago, there was a jujustu user. She was talented in all kinds of seals. She eradicated all kinds of curses, and even sealed very strong ones. But that was all boring to her. She preferred researching how curses came about. What made them strong? What made them weak? Could she use her own powers for her own?

She was feared among her peers because of the things she did. Her actions creeped them out. She started to collect curses like a hobby. She didn't kill them anymore. From time to time, there would be loose Curses who would be led out from her lab. She didn't care if those ever harmed anyone. More even, she would be mad if someone killed her curse before she could capture it back.

And then one day, she thought. How could she create a vessel, where it could use the curse's powers? Not like one where the curse had to make a contract with the vessel. But the vessel could totally subjugate the curse. The curse would be non-existed, the abilities totally absorbed by the Nui.

So she started her research... And it brought her to... humans. So she started her restricted research on kids. Orphans. She was despised and thrown out of her own family. 

Then... one day. She made... a Nui. Half Curse, Half Human boy. Able to eat any curse, and digest them to their own. The Nui couldn't use the Curse's abilities though. Could only eat and eat curses. She was a tad disappointed, but this was the best results she had gotten so far. 

The boy grew up to a young man. The man had his own family and was some sort of a righteous man. He helped people by eating Curses. But everything has an end. There was a time where the young man couldn't consume anymore. After consuming the last Curse he could have, a strong big Curse, he turned into one himself.

He could feel it through his veins. The thought that he could be someone who would harm others... he killed himself before he could fully turn.

" And that is the history of your ancestor. Every generation, a Nui "

ririro: so my responsibility.... 

" Poor girl. Hai. To eat Curses. To eat anything we cannot handle , and die. "

ririro: the ... children I will have... They also will definitely...

" be a Nui. Yes."

ririro: I can't change it...

" No. You were supposed to be raised under supervision, because you are a Nui. Probably under us. But Mari sent you away, thinking it would change anything. It didn't . You are back here. Aren't you?"

ririro:... what do you want from me ? Gojo-san.

" Gojo-san... " The old man smiled " it has been long since anyone called me that " everyone just call me, sama, sama. (Master, Master) "

There was a piece of silence. The old man puts down his tea cup onto the table " I want... you to be ours. Eat Curses for us."

Ririro: huh...?