74: Her Final Choice

Jirou stopped satoru at the main door .

Satoru : let me through.

Jirou; no.

Satoru raised his hand up " don't make me. I'm not in the mood. I don't give a shit, you're the head."

Jirou: you can't take her away. I won't let you.

Satoru ; not here to do that. Ririro made a decision. I'm here to hear it and support it.

Jirou: really ? .... Ok.

__________________________________

Ririro ; Gojo.

Satoru ; ririro. Are you serious ? On the phone.

Ririro : um. Serious.

Satoru : .... I can't help you.

Ririro : oh... I thought... I guess... Nevermind then.

Satoru; are you that afraid of loneliness ? Ririro.

Ririro looked away from his gaze, despite it was through the cloth " ... I want to be normal. I don't want to be left behind ."

He walked towards her and then hugged her in " ririro... Gomen."

Ririro: huh ?

Satoru: could you marry me instead ? *Squeezes* I won't let you feel alone.

She pushes him away " don't say that. Don't say that !!! ... You don't ... You don't love me. You don't love me that way !! You just don't want me to die. "

The door knocks from the outside. They both stop and look at the door. It opens and it was Guren.

Guren : what's happening ? Is this a thing ? You were kind of loud.

Ririro ; Guren. It's... It's nothing. I'm coming with you.

Guren : your choice.

Ririro : jirou-san let you ? Come here and take me ?

Guren ; I said this is your choice and if they really wanted to pull the police into this.

" Oh. I'm coming." She walks towards Guren.

Satoru watched as she was leaving. He reaches out her hand and grabs onto her wrist. She stopped and turned around " .... Gojo. " She could feel him tighten his grip.

Guren: who do you want to go with ?

She looked back to Guren.

Satoru : a while. Just a while.

She hesitates then tells Guren " wait outside for me. A while. "

" Remember. This is your choice." And Guren leaves the room closing the door behind him.

Ririro: you don't want to help me. So what do you want from me ?

Satoru ; I want... to keep you so that you'll never leave me.

Ririro ; what ?

Satoru : .... I've always been ok with just being by your side. Or just watching you from afar. Even when you fell in love with Dante. Wanted to marry him. I could hold back, swallow all of it in. Because... That, was the best for you. And also, I couldn't give you what you want.

Ririro: then why aren't you helping me now ?!

Satoru: because you want to choose death ! Just to become normal ! I... I don't want you to be normal. We can't be as close anymore.

Ririro ; if I got married to Dante, we couldn't either.

Satoru ; not true. We could still stay as family. But if you do this, you'll have to disappear from the jujitsu world. My world. I won't have a reason to see you as often.

Ririro ; you will have your missions and all...

Satoru ; I don't want you to disappear from my world. I can't let it happen.

Ririro ; ..... Gojo. You love me ?

Satoru ; I do. I love you. I don't want you to be normal. I want you to stay.

Ririro : I can only stay if... You'll marry me. Will you ? Protect me ? And... If I go berserk, you'll kill me ?

Satoru ; silly. I'm stronger than you. I'll kill the curse they want you to eat.

Ririro ; I also...

Satoru: don't want to have kids. I know. You just want someone to be with you till your death. Can I be that someone ?

Her tears fell " then how about that promise you made yourself ? About... Never falling in love ?"

Satoru ; too late. *Gentle smile* I rather this, than let you go.

" Satoru." She runs to his embrace and he hugs her " ririro."