43: The Birth of Ririro

On the day of ririro's birth...

Hakiro looked out the window " it was like when mari was being born. I was young... but I remember."

The curses were hiding in the shadows as if waiting to come out at night. The small ones hide in between bushes and any nooks and cranny they could find.

Yuko: there will be more at night.

Hakiro: her baby... would be as strong as her, or maybe even more. These signs... Mari will have the baby tonight.

Yuko: is it always at night?

Hakiro: for some reason, yes. Nui babies are always born at night.

Yuko: where's damn shisui? He is supposed to be here. I miss called him.

Hakiro: Messaged back. Will try to get back as soon as possible. Out for another mission while on the way back.

Night approached quickly... 

The curses lurking previously had gotten more bold and hard started to try to infiltrate the house. But they were all kept outside by the barrier being set as a perimeter around the house.

Mari had started to feel her contractions, she was ready to give birth.

With every push she gave, the surroundings got darker as it was enveloping with curses.

As she pushed the baby with all her might...

The curses challenged the barriers set by attacking it. Hakiro was confident nothing could get through.

Mari breathed heavily as she was tired " come on... My baby." She tried once again.

And so did the curses. The barrier starts to crack a little.

Hakiro : what the...

" One more push !! " Yuko told Mari.

" Aaaaahh !! " Mari used all her strength. The little girl was born.

And for some reason, all of the curses had disappeared at the same time. But did it really ?

No. A little curse with the size of a palm had swallowed all of the curses at one go. It had one line across like its mouth had been sewn, but it never was. The mouth could open still. It was one small boy with a creepy smile that could swallow. That was the appearance of this curse.

Hakiro looked out the window. He was surprised. What happened ? Did someone kill all of the curses?

He goes to open the door. He saw nothing. There was nothing out there.

Shisui has returned " sorry I'm late. How's Mari ?"

Hakiro ; get in.

__________________________________

Mari carried the baby in her arms " she's so cute."

Hakiro : ririro. Only you could think of a name like that.

Mari : shut up.

Hakiro : .... I don't know if I should tell you this .

Mari : about ?

Hakiro : when you gave birth to ririro, the curses that came... They were more than yours. Almost broke my barrier.

Mari ; is that so ? It's ok. I'll make sure she's strong when she grows up.

Hakiro : and then... Suddenly all the curses were gone. The moment she was born.

Mari : maybe that's good. Neh ~ ririro.