part 2

The club is thumping!

Layla presents our tickets to the doorman and we are escorted up to the VIP roof bar, there are little alcoves built into the cliff surrounding us and we overlook the still waters of the harbour. It's beautiful.

The people here are also beautiful, achingly beautiful.

We spot Ben's group immediately, there are lots more of them, apparently they've friends and teammates staying dotted around over the island.

There are girls with them too, several cast us dirty looks as Ben walks over to us followed by Ginny and someone else introduced as Luke.

We settle in an alcove and a waiter immediately brings a huge tray full of a selection of drinks that I'm sure could damage my liver by sight alone.
We chat easily, just general chit chat.

Jack and Madders suddenly appear at the end of the table.
Madders slides in next to Jasmin, which seems to annoy Ginny as he had been chatting to her quite intently.

The DJ has changed, the music is louder now, the beat vibrating through my entire body.

I'm talking to Luke, and chatting about Manchester, but I can see that Jack has managed to maneuver himself into the seat opposite, he keeps looking at me.

I could be wrong, but I think I can read the look he's giving Luke.
I feel a bit stricken by Jacks cockiness, so I purposefully turn more to Luke, pay more attention to what he is telling me. Even though I can't hear a word over the music.

In my peripheral vision, Jack is smirking.

Sian and Ginny get up, Ginny whispers something into Luke's ear and he gets up too. They head to the dancefloor.

Sian motions for me to join them.

Jack is staring at me.

I nod to Sian and finish my drink.

Ben and Layla seem to notice that everyone has got up.

Ben looks at Jack, then me, Jack's gaze on me is unfaltering. My hearts pounding and I'm certain it's more than just the bass pumping around the club.

"You dancing Chels?" Layla asks.

I glance at Jack. He raises an eyebrow.

I widen my eyes and stand up to follow Ben and Layla.

Jack somehow, seemlessly manages to cut in behind me, between me and Layla.

Ben who is to the side of me leans around to Jack, I can just hear him over the music as the bass drops and an airy trance track starts in it's place, the type of song that just makes you stop and feel the music
"you didn't meet Chelsea did you when I was with Layla?"

The look on Jack's face as he peers around at me is something stuck between shock and surprise.

He puts his hand on my back, it sets my skin on fire under the fabric, the heat of him making me gasp.

He motions his head to me, letting me know he wants me to wait.

As Layla passes us Jack leans towards my ear.

"Nah, ya names neva Chelsea? I'm not havin' that! I'll hafta think of somethin' else t'call ya"

I stare at him, slightly taken aback, the first words he has said to me and he's basically insulting my name?

"What does that mean?" I ask him curiously.

Jack looks at me, he looks around, I assume seeing if anyone of relevance is within earshot.