Part 42

Monday

Sian and Layla have gone home. I feel like I've overstayed my welcome but, Jasmin is adamant I'm not taking Mia to a hotel, and definitely not paying for accommodation on Jack's credit card.

I looked online to see if I could claim anything to help me out, I found out I'd missed the boat on maternity allowance.

I think as a single mum I might get tax credits, but there's an issue, I let my flat go and moved in with Jack, I've got no address, I've technically made myself homeless and I've not even got anything to prove that I even lived with Jack.

It also seems ridiculous to be even looking into it when Mia's dad is now a premier league footballer.

I share this information about my address situation with Jasmin
"Is your bank account still registered to your old flat?"

"Yeah, it's all online, I didn't even think to change it!"

"Your mobile bill, what address is that at?"

"Erm...."

"What? No! Chelsea!?"

"My phone was shit, it was old, the camera was rubbish so he bought me a new one. I don't know the contract details"

She looks like she wants to slap me.

I feel like I want to cry.

"Your phone's in his fucking name isn't it? So he could cut you off from like everything, and stop you accessing any money. I bet if you lost that phone you wouldn't even know half your passwords would you?"

Oh fuck.

"I honestly don't think he planned to control any of this though Jasmin!"

"Some people are just born like it Chels!"

"No, that's crap, his family are amazing"

"Nothing to do with them! If Mia grows up to be a murderer, that isn't likely to be because of her upbringing is it? Well from you anyway"

I close my eyes. I need to get into the house.

I try Jack again for the 11th time that day.

He actually answers. I hold my breath not knowing what to say now he's answered.

"Chelsea?" He sounds like shit.

"Yeah, Jack I need to talk to you quickly"

"How's my princess?"

"She's fine, look Jack the house - "

" - will ya send me a picture of her? I miss her, can I see her? Can I see you?"

"No, yes, well soon, look Jack I need the key for the house and they won't give it to me because it's all - "

"I miss ya Chels, I'm sorry, I've been a dick, please can I see ya"

"Jack, no, please just listen, I can't stay on Jasmins couch forever with Mia, I need to get into the bloody house!"

"Mia has a house here.....bring her home Chelsea, ya can't have her there with ya  sleeping on a fuckin' sofa! Bring her home, you can come back too"

I see red.

"Oh can I? What you'll let me come back? That's fucking big of you seeing as you are the one in the wrong!"

"You left me remember?"

"YOU CHEATED ON ME!"

"I'll make it up to ya"

I'm seething with hate for him.

"How many girls have you slept with this past week Jack?"

"Dunno, ya dumped me so I didn't think to keep count" I hear him take a deep breath "but we can start again?"