part 25

Boxing Day 2018

Villa won and I absolutely loved my first experience of watching Jack play at villa park, the atmosphere was amazing,

I join in with the applause as I watch him lap around the stadium with his team mates clapping the fans.

He is filthy, absolutely covered in mud and grass stains and his hair is stuck to his head with sweat.
He still looks fucking hot.

Finally the players trudge off towards the tunnel and Karen guides me down the steps towards the pitch. "I've arranged to bring you through the players entrance, not having you fighting through the crowd pet" the stadium is near empty now and an official wishes us a merry Christmas as we walk into the tunnel. "Changing rooms are that way" she points out, but I gathered that from the boisterous singing I can hear from that direction. We weave our way along a corridor, up some steps and finally arrive into the players lounge area.

"That was a bit of a walk!" I exclaim

"Sorry pet, combination of keeping you out of the crowd and keeping you away from prying bloody press" I nod, I hadn't thought of that.

The rest of Jack's family are already here and I'm quickly introduced to various other players partners and families as 'Jacks girlfriend'. I'm surprised that no one seems in the least surprised to see me, or my huge bump.

When there's a quiet second I turn to Karen "everyone seems to already know who I am?"

"They do pet, everyone here anyway, it's one big family, don't think Jacks not told anyone about you and the baby" she smiles "he was so chuffed that the pair of you had been able to work things out and make a go of it"

Part of me wants to feel annoyed, we only had the conversation a couple of weeks ago! I hadn't even seen him between then and two days ago, but he seems to have told everyone I'm his girlfriend now......but on the other hand, why do I have a problem with that? It's what I want isn't it? He's obviously into me, he's basically asked me to move in with him.
But it's so soon, is it just because of the baby?
Or was the connection between us on holiday real?

Suddenly the players start filling in and I recognise Ginny instantly "Chelsea!" He comes over and gives me a big hug. "Put a wee bit of weight on since Mykonos I see!"

"Haha, it's all that Christmas dinner from yesterday!" I laugh.

I feel him before I see him, shower fresh. He wraps an arm around me "ya wanna watch Ginny, trouble he is"

I turn around and he looks devastatingly handsome, freshly washed hair sleeked back under a backwards black cap, he's wearing the same black and purple tracksuit as the other players. He looks out of this world and right now there's nothing I want more than to be his.

"Ya enjoy the game?" He asks

"Yes! It was amazing! They chanted your name Jack! I loved it! I want to come to as many games as I can!" I gush

"Gonna need another ticket here gaffer" Jack calls out to the man that has appeared at the side of me. Jack introduces him as his manager Dean.

He shakes my hand warmly, congratulates me on the baby and thanks me for calming Jack down. I shoot Jack a quizzical look, but he just shrugs, feining innocence.

I actually enjoy the afternoon, everyone in the room wants a piece of Jack but he is constantly at my side, remaining attentive. The only time I lose him is when he goes to have a dance with Hollie on the dancefloor.

***

By 6pm though we are back at Jacks. His mum has prepared a buffet of left over Christmas food, Jack is sinking the beers with his dad and brother.

It's nice to see Jack let his hair down. He has 2 days off before he needs to return to training and I'm looking forward to spending them together.

Someone has put a cheesy Christmas playlist on and Jack reaches around to grab my arm and suddenly we're dancing in his kitchen to Bing Crosby and he's twisting me around, pulling me close  before spinning me out again.

I'm laughing, genuinely happy.
I feel safe and cared for, which is all I've ever wanted.
He's kissing me, he tastes of sausage rolls and beer and I don't even care that his parents and siblings are in the room.

I met them less than 48 hours ago and already they feel like my family too.

Suddenly I'm grateful for the holiday, for Ben and Layla, for being introduced to Jack.......I didn't just get a holiday romance, I think I got a whole family.

The niggle in my head gets pushed even further back, the niggle that tells me that I'm pregnant because he cheated on his girlfriend with me gets pushed away to the depths.......the niggle telling me once a cheater always a cheater starts to melt away.......he chose me, he chose our baby......he said, no he promised he would always look after me. Plus it's not just him, it's his whole family. I'm part of them now.

There's lots to iron out still but, whatever Jack is offering, I decide to take it.

I pat my belly as I spin and giggle until I feel dizzy, we are going to be ok.

I'm going to be ok.

I'm going to be happy.

My baby is going to be ok, happy and loved.

I smile.

"Ya alright? Wot ya smiling at?"

"You, I'm so happy Jack"

I melt into his eyes. He studies my face. A smile breaks across his own lips

"Me too, me too. I couldn't be happier Chels"