Part 50

AUTHOR NOTE

We are in 2020 now, covid doesn't exist in this story.
The Euros will happen in this year as they should have done, but like this year, most of England's games will be at Wembley 😘

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday

I'm woken by my phone ringing. I pick it up.
Jack wants a facetime at 7am on a Sunday?
He can fuck off.
I start to ignore it but then I come to my senses, Mia's with him after all.

"What?" I groggily try to focus on the screen

He's beaming at the screen, huge grin and twinkling eyes.

"Are ya still in bed??"

"Why you calling so early ja -" he cuts me off sharply

" - SHE'S WALKING!!" he yells

I sit up "what?????"

"Wait there" he turns the camera "LOOK"

Hollie is sitting on the floor with Mia standing in front her, she's been standing for a few weeks now, and been able to walk holding someone's hands for a while, but she has been being stubborn over those first actual steps.
Looks like I missed them.

Jack props the camera up on something and I see him sit on the floor in a pair of training shorts and a pastel multicoloured t-shirt a few feet from Hollie and Mia who are both wearing Aston Villa pajamas.

"Mia, Mia-moo come t'daddy, come on princess, ya gonna show mommy wot ya can do?" Jack coaxes her.

I watch as she takes tentative wobbly steps towards Jack, Hollie keeps her hands outstretched behind her, as Jack does the same in front, both ready to catch her. Mia is wobbling closer to Jack now, her arms flaying around and a huge grin on her face "daaa-daaaa" I hear her screach at Jack. My heart is melting and I've tears starting to escape my eyes.....I can't believe I've missed thls, but part of me thinks how wonderful that Jack has experienced such a huge milestone first hand.

She reaches him and topples into his arms as she reaches his hands. I watch him scoop her up and shower her with kisses making loud 'mwah mwah mwah' sounds and she's laughing, properly belly laughing "daaa-daaaa" she squeals.

Then Jack sets her back on her feet and I watch as she takes steps back to Hollie. With every step she's looking more confident and she speeds up towards her aunt, before again falling into her arms and laughing.

Jack gets up and grabs the phone. His smile drops slightly when he sees my face and leaving Mia with Hollie he walks out of the family room and wordlessly carries the phone into the media room, he sits on the sofa in the darker room.

"Didn't mean to make ya cry Chels" he says softly.

"Oh no, they are happy, proud tears, honest I'm happy she did it for you, and Hollie too, that's so special for Hollie!"

"I know right? Obviously Hol's so made up!"

"I didn't know she was staying with you?"

"Yeah when I picked Mia up after the match she asked if she could come an' stay, we're gonna go me moms for Sunday lunch anyway later. Hollie hadda headache though so went to bed early last night"

"She ok now?"

"Yeah! I think she actually woke Mia up y'know to play with her" he laughs "but she soon woke me up to help when her nappy needed doing!"
We both laugh "are ya ok though yeah? Sorry I woke ya."

"Noooo I'm so glad you did, thank you, I need to get up soon I've got to be in the salon at eleven"

"Ya don' normally work in the salon on a Sunday?"