Part 117

I wake up and am quickly enveloped in that feeling of dread at the pit of my stomach.
Made only worse when I realise true to his word Jack hadn't joined me in bed through the night.

I check the time 9am.

I pad out of the bedroom in my PJs, as I walk down the hallway I see both girls rooms are empty. Bed and cot made, curtains open.

I can't hear anything coming from downstairs.

I walk towards the kitchen, the house is definitely empty. In the kitchen I see Esmes milk bottle and an empty mug in the sink.

They've gone out......

I see a note on the island.

'taken girls out for breakfast before the family day at the Etihad, I assume u wanted to still stay home alone to wrap presents? Let me know if ur still meeting us later.
J'

J, no kisses, no love yous, no hearts drawn.

I sigh sadly. I'm so fucking stupid.

I text him.

'I'll join u in a bit, not much left to wrap xx'

His reply comes quickly.

'K'
Quickly followed by
'dont worry if u need to just get the wrapping done'

As I sit on the stool my phone goes again, but it's not Jack.

'hey, just checking you got home ok last night? Love u D xxx'

I see red, I pick up the phone and call her.
She answers on the first ring.

"Yeah I got home ok thanks, after Matt fucking tried it on with me!"

*Oh shit, babes you ok?*

"No! I'm not! He thought I was interested because you invited him!! Why did you do that??? Why would you??" I'm on a roll now, it's all tumbling out "and now Jack is upset with me!"

*What's he got to be upset about? Did Matt hurt you? What did he do? It's not your fault, typical Jack that, ok for him to go around dipping his dick, but god forbid anyone even looks at you! Then he gets the huff because someone showed an interest in you!?*

"No, he didn't hurt me, thankfully......"

*So why is Jack upset with you?*

I sigh.

"Because I told him I enjoyed the attention....."

*And he doesn't like the attention he gets?? Fucking double standards again!*

"No, not that, I kind of.......I admitted that I thought about it, I'm sure I never would have, but the thought was there........"

*Right, so let's get this straight, since you first met the fuck boy, he's proper cheated on you twice that you know of, but had girlfriends and flings while you were pregnant with Mia, then fucked everything that had a pulse any chance he got -*

" - only when we wheren't actually together" I interupt.

*Regardless- he's fucked around so many times and I'm still not convinced he's entirely innocent from that bitch in Ibiza - *

" - he is" I sigh.

*But anyway, you can't even have a fleeting 'what if' thought without him getting upset*

I shake my head "why did you ask Matt to come to the club?"

There's silence *because I think you need to see that life doesn't have to revolve around Jack Grealish, that you are going to get hurt one day by him again, I wanted you to know you're still desirable babes, you don't have to settle for his shit*