Part 26

New year's Eve 2018

Pregnancy Tracker 🤰
31 weeks pregnant 👶

I watch Jack getting ready to head to the stadium ahead of the match.

It's been a blissful few days together.

He freezes and grins "stop checkin' me out ya perv"

"Really? You, calling me a perv!" I laugh.

"Wot ya sayin' hey?!" Urghhh that fucking grin!
"Right, me mom an' dad picking ya up at 2 ok? I'll see ya afta the match"

I nod. I swing my my legs off the sofa but I'm stuck. "You're going to have to help me!" I tell him, laughing.

Jack comes over and grabs my hand, he heaves me up and holds his hands on my waist while I steady myself.

Concern flickers across his face.

"Ya ok?" He rubs my belly, "she's grown so much in a week...." His face lights up as he feels her moving.

"Not long now, 9 weeks, I'm ready now Jack, it's getting hard work now"

He kisses my head. "Shall we sack off this party off later?"

"Noooo, no, it will be fine, we should go"
It's just a party at the club, Jacks family will be there. I feel like it might be my last night out for a while.

"If ya sure"

I watch Jack bound down the driveway into the car that's waiting him to take him to Villa Park.

***

Aston Villa win again.

When the players join their families in the lounge they are dressed ready to party.

Jack is wearing faded ripped jeans and the black Luis Vuitton shirt I remember him wearing on holiday.

He looks devine as always and I feel incredibly underdressed in my maternity leggings and red tunic top.

"My god ya look amazin'......" Jack breathes into my ear.

"I look like father Christmas without the beard" I correct him.

He looks me up and down "I'd still do ya" he winks cockily.

By 10pm the party is in full swing, there are people mingling and dancing everywhere.

I look around there's a lot of young pretty girls here, who wheren't here straight after the match.

"Who are they?" I nod over to one group in particular who I've noticed eyeing up Jack and his friend Tammy, drawing Kieras attention to them.

She rolls her eyes. "Instahoes, Tammy probably got them in....."

I look quizzically at her. She rolls her eyes. "They're tryna bag themselves a footballer aren't they? Everyone knows villa are gonna go up this year, it's pathetic, they're tryna get their claws in now an' then they think they can ride the ladder to premier league wag in the summer........ y'know people all sayin' that half the boys are good enough to play for England once they get back in the prem..." She looks at me. "Good job ya here, Jacky would be like a fuckin' dog on heat if ya wheren't"

I laugh, "I'm sure he wasn't that bad Kiera"

She scoffs "ya don' wanna know Chelsea, ya really don't"

Something she sees on my face makes her soften. "He's obviously really tryna do right for you an' the baby now though, I mean he propa told Stacey where to go, an' she's been an easy shag since he was at school, he always leaves her hanging around, but he's propa told her it's done now"

I'm not sure if she thinks that actually made me feel any better........
I remind myself that it's all Jack trying to get me to move in with him. It's not me chasing him.

I watch him chatting to Tammy and the girls on the dancefloor.
His body language is very closed, like he's much more interested in Tammy than either of the girls trying to get his attention.

This is confirmed when Tyrone Ming's appears and Jack practically pushes the girls over to embrace him in a hug.

He sees me watching and sends me a wink.

Kieras right. He's trying.......he's made it clear he's mine now.

11.30pm and Jack is rather drunk. I don't remember him being this loud when drunk in Mykonos, but I guess it's the company. All his friends are being just as loud.

Ginny appears to have pulled a instahoe and Jack is sending him 'get in there son' vibes.

As midnight approaches Jack joins me back at the table with Kiera and his mum.

"Ya comin' into town afta Kiera?" Jack asks, my ears prick up at this, what have I missed?

"Dunno, whose goin'?"

Jack reels off a list of names.

"You're not 18 yet, you're not going Kiera" Karen interjects sternly.

"Nah she'll be alright with me, an' Kev's comin' anyway" Jack looks pointedly at his brother whose nodding.

"What about Chelsea?" Karen asks.

Jack looks at me and smiles, "ya gonna come too ain't ya Chels"

"What to a club??? Jack I'm 7 months pregnant!"

"We've got booths booked in the VIP bar"

I look at him, the music in here isn't even that loud, yet its vibrations are causing an uncomfortable feeling in my belly, and I can only imagine a club would be intensely worse.

"I don't think so Jack" I force myself to smile.

"Me mom an' dad can drop ya home afta midnight, I doubt I'll be late" he grins and he's off again, talking in a huddle to Tammy and Ginny. I watch after him, he didn't even try to change my mind, or consider just coming home with me. Hours ago it was him suggesting we sack the whole thing off and ho home after the game.

Midnight arrives and I'm wrapped tightly in Jacks embrace "happy new year beautiful" and I'm lost in him, lost in his scent, his kiss.
He pulls back and looks at me wide eyed "oh moy god, we're havin' a baby this year!" We clash teeth as we try to kiss while still both smiling so widely.

We are in our own little bubble as party poppers are popped around us and auld lang syne starts to play.

I'm aware of people starting to drift away, and I start to think that Jack may have changed his mind about going into town.

That is until Tammy taps him on the shoulder "come on bro, ya ready?"

Jack turns to me "ya sure ya don't mind?"
I do mind in truth, but he hasn't asked me, and I wouldn't stop him, but I'm not relishing going back to his house alone.

"Have a nice time" I tell him and head off to find his parents for my lift back.