Part 63

Monday

I sit on the sofa with Mia, Jack told me to watch the 6pm news, there's a special feature about the euros in the run up to England's first game tomorrow.

The presenter is sat outside and interviewing some of the players, Jack included.
"Daddy! Daddy! My daddy!" Mia squeals at the TV.
They talk about their football influences growing up, players they looked up to, memorable games and then talk gets a bit more personal.
Harry Maguire next to Jack talks about how his kids will be watching.
Jack then joins in, saying he's not sure how much he's little girl will understand because she's only coming up to 16 months old, but that he enjoys kicking a ball around the garden with her and that it definitely helps him to know that his 'amazing girlfriend' will be in the stands with his family.

As he finishes talking a picture of me, Jack and Mia flashes up on the screen, Mia's face is blurred, but it's very obviously me and Jack, it was taken at her birthday party at Jacks house.

We wheren't even together then, but we do look happy. The three of us like a perfect family.

Immediately my phone starts going mad, and internally I am cringing a little, but my overwhelming feeling is of pride for Jack and how well he came across.

-

Tuesday.

The atmosphere at Wembley is buzzing! Jack isn't in the starting line up, but he's named as a substitute.
Jack and his teammates wave over to where their friends and family are seated as they head out towards the goal to warm up.

Christ he looks hot, why does all their gear have to be so bloody tight? Even from here I can see every line and curve of his exquisite figure.

As they head back down the tunnel my phone vibrates in my pocket.

I pull it out.

Craig
'enjoying the atmosphere? Saw you on TV last night when Jack was talking about you. I knew something was going on.'

'its buzzing isn't it! I'm sorry Craig you've lost me' I decide a short, polite response is the best bet.

Craig
'the photo the TV used was taken before we split up, Mia's birthday. You went to Jack's house'

'we wheren't actually together then. It's just a photo Craig'

Craig
'we had slept together! Of course we were together!'

I decide to ignore him.

I put my phone back in my pocket and wait for the match to start.

There's a huge roar of the crowd as they start, I check on Mia and she's fine, being passed from her grandad to her uncle who are taking turns to hold her on their shoulders.

They score on the 43rd minute and the crowd goes mad as we end the first half in the lead.

I check my phone quickly as people around me start chatting and heading off for drinks. Karen has taken Mia off to meet Bens mum. I have a look around for Layla and spot her a few rows up, she's firmly inbedded in the instawag group, not even acknowledging Ben's family.

I've got 5 messages from Craig.

Craig
'meet me at half time?'

Craig
'please?'

Craig
'chelsea I just want to talk?'

Craig
'you owe me an explanation, it's pretty bloody obvious you were seeing pretty boy while we were together. Not even fucking playing is he?'

Craig
'oh rot in hell you two timing bitch. Hope you and pretty boy are happy with other. Both slags'

My heart pounds at the last text. I look around, the only person left near me is Kevan, he's chatting to the man in front of him.
I turn to see if I can get Layla's attention, but she's now toasting plastic glasses of champagne with the instawag group.