Part 32

Baby Tracker 👶
2 weeks old 🗓️

She won't stop crying!

And I feel like I'm suffocating at the Grealish house.

Everyone is lovely, but there's so many of them. It's not even just the ones that live here. Kevan and Kiera have friends coming and going all the time, there's endless aunts and uncles and cousins popping by, apparently it's not even to see the baby either - it's always like this.

Jack hasn't spent a single night away from here, he started sleeping in Kevans room or on the sofa, but there's been nights he's stayed in his old room with me. It's been purely platonic.
I'm still struggling massively, and I'm grateful at how attentive he has been.

I've been so weak I've not even been able to stand in the shower long enough to wash my hair!
If I have a bath I can't get myself out without help.

I'm in the bath now, letting the warm water sit up to my neck. My boobs hurt and the warm water is soothing.

Finally the crying stops. I breath a sigh of relief and rest my head back on the bath tub.

There's a gentle knock on the door "it's me" Jack says before letting himself in.
He comes and sits on the edge of the bath.

"Ya alright?"

I nod

"Mia's asleep now"

I nod again.

"Ya ready to get out?"

Again, I nod

"Fuck I wish ya'd stopping yapping on Chelsea, I can't get a fuckin' word with ya!" He's grinning.

I don't feel like smiling.

"Ya ok?"

Another nod.

"Ya not are ya?"

I stay still.

"Can I do anythin' to help ya feel betta?"

I shake my head

He's kneeling on the floor now, his chin resting on his forearms, his arms on the edge of the bath.

I look at his face so close to mine.

I feel bad for feeling ungrateful.

"It's too much Jack"

He sighs heavily.

"It's fuckin' mental here ain't it? It's doin' me head in to be honest"

"You can go home! I can't even get myself out of the bath"

He smirks at me "and I can't go home because you can't get yaself outta bath! Me mom's backs already wrecked, Kieras neva here, Hollie can't help ya, an' I doubt ya want me dad or Kevan helpin' ya?"

I shake my head. It's mortifying enough that I need Jack to help me.

"Come to mine with me? Ya can stay in one of the other rooms if ya don' wanna stay in my room, or you and Mia have my room an' I'll stay in another room? An' the baths in me house are all much bigger and betta than this one"

That actually sounds like bliss.

"Are you sure? What about when you're at training?"

"I can drop ya here, or me mom could come ova? It's jus' like afta school time ain't it, when Hollie and Kiera get home, it goes mad don' it?"

I nod.

"C'mon if ya get out now ya might be able to get a couple hours kip before Mia wakes up"

He stands and holds his arm out in front of me. We are well rehearsed at this now. I grab his arm and haul myself up as his other arm lifts me from behind.