Part 89

Baby tracker 👶
10 weeks old 🗓️

It's been ages since I've been to a Champions league game.
The Etihad is buzzing!
City beat Real Madrid 4-3 in the first leg of the semi final.

I wait in the players lounge and it's nice catching up with the girls, night matches always have a bit of a 'going out vibe to them' especially champions league games.
Especially games like this.

The girls are at home, on Kevin's recommendation we've signed with a top rated private nanny service.
After a few settle sessions tonight is the first time we've really used them.

Ines places another glass of wine in front of me "bloody hell, Ines, your getting through them, Bernardos luck in is it?" I ask her laughing.

"Yeah, and what? Jack's isn't?" 

"Bernardo scored, he deserves it"

"Jack will be well rested and have energy to use up" she eyeballs me happily.

The players start arriving. It feels like an age waiting for Jack to reach us, he's such a social butterfly.
Every so often while he's taking to someone else I watch his eyes dart to me as a slight smile plays on his lips.
Bernardo, Kevin and Kyle have reached us, as they squeeze themselves at our table I find myself in a bit of a Kyle and Kevin sandwich.
Kyle reaches across me to point at my glass "what's that? What you lot drinking? Johnboys at the bar, he can grab a bottle"

"Oh no, I don't think we need a bottle Kyle" I'm not the only one with more than one full glass Infront of me.

"Nah don't worry, I'll sort you out, he's gonna be a while I reckon" he nods towards Jack who has been collard by one of the academy boys who made it onto the bench tonight, mum.
"She for real fancies him, bit embarrassing innit, your son's just breaking the first team and you plaster yourself all over Mr Gucci!"

"Noooo! Sssshhh Kyle!" As far as I know he hasn't told anyone yet about the meetings with Gucci and the deal he's just signed with them.

"Ah shut up, of course he's already told us, blabber mouth couldn't keep that one to himself could he"

"What's that? Gucci?" Asks Annie.
Kyle turns to her to fill her in, I catch Jacks eye and shake my head at him.

Phil's about to join us now with John, who I'm pleased to see has no wine bottles with him.
"Hey Phil, rescue Jack from the cougar" Kevin calls.

"Shhhh you're so loud!" I scold next to him. 

"Why me?" Phil looks around, his mum is here, busy talking to some back room staff she's known for years now.
"Mam" he calls, she moves over "mam rescue Jack for us"

When Jack appears he plonks himself directly opposite me. He flashes me a dazzling grin before turning to Phil.
"Oi, pheeeeel, tell ya mom I'm not gonna be ya stepdad alright"

Kyle's laugh next to me booms in my ear.

"What?" I ask, I know I probably don't want to know.

"She comes up to me right, I'm talkin' to that new kids mom, and mommy Foden right strolls up, pats me cheek, kisses me, tells  her 'he's mine' then slaps me arse when I walk off" he's laughing, every one is laughing. Phil looks mortified.
We all turn to the two women who seem to now be new best friends.

Jack turns to me again, his eyes playful and sparkling. I feel his foot at my leg under the table. "Hey" he mouths to me.

"Hey" I mouth back, and I realise I feel full of genuine happiness and contentment.
I'm not just going through the motions like I so often seem to be doing. I'm living this moment with friends and loving it.