Part 66

England played the quarter finals away, and won, and there was thankfully no more nasty incidents.

In two days time they've got the semi final at Wembley.
The entire country is buzzing.

It's weird I can't go to tesco now without someone whispering about me being 'Grealish's girl'

The nursery have had the older children in the preschool room draw pictures and write good luck messages to the players for me to take with me when I go to the game.

Everywhere I look there's flags and pictures.

I'm walking from work towards nursery chatting to Jack on the phone.

"I'm gonna go swimmin' in a bit! Me backs ok now"

"Good, but don't say you're going swimming! I've seen the pool Jack, with all the bloody inflatables and toys no one has room to swim"

He laughs deeply, god I love that laugh. "It's good for windin' down though, an' it's been so bloody hot!" He's right, we are having a glorious summer.

"I'm at the nursery Jack, do you want to hang on or shall I call you back once I've got her?"

"I'll hang on"

I open the main door then let myself into the section of the nursery Mia is in using the fingerprint access system.
I head to her room and as always head to her peg to pick up her bag, phone under my chin

"She ok?"

"I don't know yet Jack I've only just got here!"

Her bags not there, maybe her key worker has already got it ready.

"Do ya wanna flip to video call?"

"Jack can you just hang on a sec...."

Her key worker Emma approaches me

"Hi Chelsea, did you forget something?"

What.....

"Sorry what?"

"What???" Jack echoes in my ear

"Mia's already been collected?" A flicker of panic crosses Emma's face.

"Wha....what??? Who??" I have no words for the fear I'm currently feeling.

"FUCKING WOT???"

hand shaking I put the call on loudspeaker.

"Who picked her up Emma?? Who?? Because I'm here and her dad's here!!" I wave the phone around.

From the phone we can just hear repeatedly "wot the fuck? Wot the actual fuck?" From Jack.

"Craig.....he's on the system, told Mia they were going to collect you from work?"

"WOT THE ACTUAL FOK!! WHO THE FOK LET THAT PRICK PICK UP MY DAUGHTER"

Emma and I stare at the phone in my hand, there's a lot of noise now, Jacks shouting has obviously caused a commotion in whatever room he was in during their recreation time.

"I'm sorry Chelsea, he's on the system, no one ever said to remove him?"

"He's my ex??"

"But we don't know that, we can't know every parents personal life inside out....."

"CHELSEA!!" Jack screams down the phone.

A voice I don't recognise comes on the line "I'm head of security here, nursery, call the police now, can I speak to the manager?"

Another staff member with a phone runs past.

"Yes we are ringing them...." Emma manages between sobs.