Part 103

"these aren't the right button holes!!!"

"Layla, stop stressing, these are the ones for the general guests" Jasmin explains, she has the patience of a saint today.
The atmosphere in the bridal suite is worse than actual hell.
"These are the ones for Ben and the groomsmen, shall I take them across?"

"No, I'll do it!" I grab the tray of flowers from Jasmin who's giving me daggers for taking her way out of this room from her.
"Jack text me earlier, he's forgotten his tablets" I lie
Jasmin relents

"Didn't realise he was still on them, guess that's why he was on the tea last night?"

"Yeah, they're just because he's still getting headaches, I mean he was on blood thinners and all sorts, so you know...." He hasn't forgotten them, not as far as I'm aware but he is on them still.

"Just can we hurry up Chelsea? My day!" Layla shrills from across the room where she's getting her hair done.

I roll my eyes to Jasmin.

-

Ben's room is much more relaxed. I find them pretty much ready, they're wearing matching grey tailored three piece morning suits with gold ties, apart from Ben who has a cravat. Ben is fully ready, sitting on the bed with Madders who appears to be trying to stretch out a pair of shoes. Dele is fixing Ben's cufflinks.

I turn to see Jack whose obviously taken on the role of DJ and is fiddling with a speaker. He flashes me a killer grin. He looks amazing in his tailored trousers, crisp shirt and fitted waistcoat, his tie slung around his neck undone.
"Buttonholes" I declare, unable to take my eyes of my man. My own fiance.

"Hey Chels, how's me boy?" Ben snaps me out of my daydream.

"Er, Ive not seen him actually" Jack has moved across the room and is now fiddling with his tie in the mirror.

"Not at all? Surely Layla has seen him?"

"Sorry Ben I don't think so, is he with Carly?" Of course he's fucking with Carly. I notice Jack roll his eyes and huff, but I'm not sure it's at the Alfie situation or if his tie is causing him problems.

"He's supposed to be with us though ain't he?" Madders asks looking between me and Ben.

"Yeah in his suit, for photos" Jack adds, still pulling on his tie.

"Baby you ok?" He clearly isn't.

"Can you ask Layla to call Carly and have her bring Alf to me Chels?"

"Can't you just call Carly Ben?" We all turn to Jack as he abruptly flings the tie across the room.

"Fuckin' thing!!"

"Maaaaate?" Dele picks up the offending silk garment.

"Fuckin' can't remember how to do it can I?"
I take it from Deles hand and walk towards Jack, he looks even better close up, beard freshly trimmed, hair gelled back and he smells amazing.
I realise I look like a joke, my face has been done, but my hair is still in curlers and I'm wearing my huge oversized 'team bride' button through shirt and matching fluffy slippers. 

"It's ok, let me" there's something a little sensual and intimate about standing so close to a man and doing their tie up.

"This the look ya all goin' for is it?" He reaches out to poke at the mess that is my hair"

"Yup, gorgeous hey?" I smile.

"But ya hairs already curly? Why's it in those things?"

"Rollers? Because it's the only way my hair will settle into the style Layla wants"