Part 43

Baby Tracker 👶
6 months old 🗓️

August.

The football season has re started after a month of friendlies and a pre season training trip for Jack to America.

Jack spent June bouncing from one lads holiday to the next, before telling me he had booked a trip to Dubai for us as a way to 're-connect' I laughed in his face at that and he ended up taking his family.

But, I did agree to them taking Mia.

I actually really enjoyed having a few days to myself and did some days in the salon, went out with friends, and even had a one night stand or two........which I absolutely needed to help flush Jack out of my system.

We've settled into a routine now of Jack having Mia Thursday to Monday every other week.
While he's playing, or if he has an away game his parents have her.

It was hard initially losing her for 4 nights every other week, but it allows me to work every other weekend, and I look forward to fortnightly nights out, and it is working for us.

It's Thursday today, and I'm expecting Jack to come and collect her at midday. Mia's been grouchy with teething and when he arrives she's upstairs having a nap.

"Alright" Jack smiles as he walks into the kitchen. He immediately hops onto the worktop. It infuriates me when does that. He knows it does.

"Mia's napping, want a tea?"

"Yeah go on then" he's now rummaging through my fruit bowl "can I have this?" He holds up a pear.

"Whatever"

He's still got a healthy holiday glow to him. He's wearing jeans and a yellow t-shirt. Instead of his normal cap thrown on, he's actually styled and slicked his hair back. Normally when he collects Mia he's in training gear.
He looks hot.

"No training today?"

"Nah I hadda early gym an' physio session, I've got a fuckin' injury on me shin. Not sure I'll be playin' the weekend yet"

"Nothing serious I hope?"

"Nah, it'll be fine, jus' annoying y'know?"

I like that we can talk calmly again. I'd almost class us as friends.
And I cannot fault his parenting of Mia.

I watch him finish the pear.

"Do you want some actual lunch Jack?"

"Well, how longs Mia gonna be down for?"

"I don't know, her teeth are bad, she was awake last night more than she was asleep! I've put teething gel in the bag, have you got Calpol?"

"Yeah I've got capol, and I've got them teething rings in the fridge still" he watches me open the fridge
"wot ya got on offer for lunch then?"

The way he says it makes me pause.
I can feel his eyes burning into my back.
Don't go there I tell myself.

"Do you want some tuna pasta salad?" I ask turning.

"That would be lovely" he replies, with a filthy grin on his face.

We chat easily while eating and even laugh together over Kieras latest dating disaster.

Maybe it's the sun getting to me, but this feels good.

"So, wot are ya plans then for the weekend?" Jack asks putting his fork down on his empty plate.

"Well, working tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday I've actually got a job on a shoot in town!" I grin.

"Ah, well done! Told ya it wouldn't take long once people knew ya back doin' a bit of work hey?"