Part 114

I stand at the bar waiting to be served when I feel a body lean next to me.

"I'll get these" its the man from the other table.

"You've already got us some drinks, thanks by the way" I smile.

"No, let me get you another, what you having"

"Honestly you don't need to I - "

" - Oh come on, it's Christmas, I can buy a pretty lady a drink can't I? I mean it's a party!"

"I don't want you to get the wrong idea...." I say as I look at him close up. He's even more attractive than I thought he was. Clean shaven, with more angular features than Jack and piercing blue eyes and short dark hair. He's dressed classily in grey trousers and a white shirt.

"I'm not getting any ideas, I've already clocked the wedding ring" he smiles "it's just a drink, because it's Christmas, and at Christmas we make new friends"

"Do we?" I laugh

"Yes" he stares intensely at me, waiting for me to give in.

"Ok, can I have a glass of rosé prosecco please?"

He orders the drinks and takes them to the end of the bar where it's a bit quieter. I thank him as he hands me my glass.
"I'm Matt"

"Chelsea"

"Pleased to meet you Chelsea" he smiles then frowns "fan of the football club?"

I groan internally. "No, nothing to do with the football club"

"Do you support anyone?"

I bite my lip "city" I tell him.

He shakes his head and goes to walk off "well we can't be friends then, I'm united" he laughs before stepping back to me. "Most girls only support city because they fancy Grealish"

I say nothing.

"Half the girls in my classes are suddenly interested in football because of him, the other half were drawn in by the ladies euros, so it's win win"

I swallow "so you are a teacher?"

He grins "yeah PE and history" I eye him up and down, he's pretty fit, not jack's abs fit, but in decent shape from what I can see. Him being a PE teacher doesn't surprise me at all.

"So what do you do Chelsea?"

There's something about the way he says my name that makes it sound much more elegant than I'm used to it sounding.
"I'm a hair stylist"

He nods "and what does your husband do?"

I stall, what do I say? I look away.

"No sorry that's none of my business"  he suddenly states looking around.
"Alright here isn't it? Bit pricey though"

I smile, £39 a head for three courses is very cheap compared to the places Jack takes me to.

"Are you married?" I burt out.

He shakes his head.

The music is pumping now the DJ has started up, playing hits from the nineties and early 2000s.
"Fancy a dance?"

"I really shouldn't?"

"It's just a dance Chelsea, come on, everyone is dancing!"

-

I end up dancing in a mass of the salon girls and Matt's colleagues, Matt is quite the mover, his colleagues cheering him on only encouraging him. I laugh dancing along.
It's nice to feel free.
I've had a few people give me a second glance, like they know me from somewhere, but without Jack I'm just Chelsea.
I think Ive got so used to being out with Jack and him being recognised that I've forgotten what it feels like to be 'normal'.

It feels good.

Suddenly Matt takes my hands and I'm being twirled around, I laugh genuinely enjoying myself.

-

"Are you telling Matt we're going to chinawhite?" Danielle asks in the ladies bathroom as I reapply some lippy.

"Nooooo why would I?" I answer through the mirror.

"Because it looks like you're getting on with him" she narrows her eyes at me.

"Stop it, you're the one that said I needed excitement, he's a laugh, and I'm having fun. We're moving on to the club and I'll never see him again. That's it, end of it."

I put my bits back in my bag "no one would blame you you know" Danielle gently touches my arm "if you took a 'night off' for yourself, he owes you a pass"

"Now I know you're joking!" I laugh at her awkwardly "that's fucking ridiculous, come on let's go"

"Chelsea I'm being serious, one night of adventure, Chels, babes it worries me that one day that husband of yours is going to break your heart again, I worked with you through your pregnancy with Mia remember? When he was a nameless secret you were honest about what a dick he was"

"Exactly! Was, we've both changed and grown up, Danielle, please leave it" I take a deep breath. She's never liked Jack and I get it, I do, he was a dick, but she needs to move on.

"I think you should at least tell him where we are going? See if you likes you enough to pay the admission price....."

"Oh you are bad!" I scold as I head to the door.

-

we decide to walk to the club, Eden's had far too much to drink and we decide to grab her kebab to sober her up.

"Dunwan it" she slurs "sfeeeeel sickkk" from her position sat on the kerb outside the kebab shop.

"Good, this will either settle your stomach or make you throw up, then either way you'll feel better" Danielle tells her shoving the grim looking kebab at her.

"I'm going to go in grab a coke" I tell the girls, I'm feeling a bit iffy myself and decide I need sugar.
I go back into the shop alone and take a cold can of coke out of the fridge and place it on the counter.
It's proper grim in here, I can't see a food hygiene rating displayed anywhere.

"Oi how do I know you?" A voice suddenly screeches. I turn to the group of pissed up young girls at the far end of the counter.

"I don't know" I answer honestly.

"Are you famous? You look like someone famous?"

I smile at them "no I'm not"

"Oh my god I know who you are!!" One of the other girls adds excitedly.

"Who?" The first girl asks while the one that claims she knows me starts looking through her phone.
I'm desperate to pay and get out of here.
"Yeah! Yeah it is her! Look!"

"Oi are you Grealish's missus?"

"Nooo" I shake my head. I've got an uneasy feeling in my tummy.

"Yeah you are!! Fuck me, you're not even that pretty in real life!"

"Has he got a big cock?"

"Is he good in bed?"

"Fuck I'd love to have my head smashed between those thighs"

"He can fucking smash me anytime"

They're all talking at once and moving towards me.

"Is he into threesomes cos I'd even do you to get to him!"

"Have you got nudes of him on your phone? Show us!"

Fuck sake, the bloke working is still out back. I leave my can and walk towards the door.

"You've got the wrong person" I tell them firmly.

"No chance! It's you, I've seen you at games! Is he decent in bed? Is he selfish though, he looks like he'd be selfish"

I say nothing more and walk out. Luckily Eden is back on her feet.

"Can we go please?" I ask Danielle urgently.

"Yeah we was waiting for you? What's the rush?"

"Nothing, just I've been recognised as Jacks wife......"

She rolls her eyes "he's so not fucking worth the hassle"