Part 36

Baby Tracker 👶
12 weeks old 🗓️

Just like that Mia is three months old.
We are heading towards the end of April and life is......pretty dull.

But in the best way I could ever imagine.

Jack and I are in a routine dictated by Jacks games and training schedule.

I see lots of his family and I've even made friends here by joining mother and baby groups.

But the nicest by far is Chloe, the girlfriend of Jack's friend Sam.
We just clicked the first time we met and it's nice to have a friend local.

I'm sitting with Chloe in the lounge when Jack suddenly bounds in from training.

"Look wot I've got!!!" He's waving a piece of paper around, dancing like a kid showing their parents something they've done at school. His excitement is endearing.

I take the paper from him.

"Fuck off!" I screech looking at it in disbelief, it must be fake. "that's not real!"

"It is! I swear it is Chels, I told ya before we're like that we are" he holds up his twisted together fingers.

I read the letter.
A hand written letter, to Jack, from prince William!

Praising him on his conduct during a game last month where an opposition fan ran onto the pitch and thumped Jack in the head.

Jack is so pleased with himself.

The team are on a winning streak and they are so close to securing a place in the playoffs to play for promotion into the premier league.
I know it's huge for Jack, I sit with him when he's constantly checking tables and results and I'm starting to understand things like why and how other teams results matter to their standing.

This letter has obviously been the icing on the cake for him.

"We should go out, properly out, a proper night out, Jack I've never even been out actually properly getting drunk with you in this country!"

Chloe interrupts "that new club is opening Saturday, Jacky you could get everyone on the guest list!"

Jack screws his face up "but I'm playin' Sunday....I can't go out Saturday night"

"You've changed Jacky!" Laughs Chloe

"Nah, we're so fuckin' close, I can't risk cocking it up!"

One thing I've learnt since getting to know Jack better and meeting his friends is that Jack has always been a party boy. It's literally only been the effect of having Mia and the responsibility of being captain of a team so close to getting back into the premier league that he's calmed down.

"Sunday night then, you'll be off Monday, you deserve it Jack, we need it!"

Jack grins at me then looks at Chloe "you an' Sam will come still?"

"I'm sure we can cope with working with the hangovers on Monday!"

"Right then, I'll ask your mum to have Mia overnight then?" I confirm.

***

Sunday night and Aston Villa won their game and Jack is delighted with their position in the league table.

Jack has hired the entire VIP bar of the new club, we see surrounded by Jacks friends and teammates and friends of friends.

There's lots of back slapping and hugs and calls of "good to see ya out again Jacky!" From his friends, well his male friends anyway. The females I notice all stand as close to him as possible, constantly trying to touch him, his arms, his hands, his hair, when they hug him or kiss him in greeting it always lingers those few seconds too long.