Part 69

BABY TRACKER 👶
19 months old 🗓️

September

I run back to the salon at the end of my break, I'm late. The shop took ages to sort my balloons out after taking my order down wrong.

I burst into the shop looking like some kind of clown, to find Danielle waving madly at me "ah thanks for getting my balloons Chels, you're a life saver!" She trills.

What??

"Your bloody balloons? What are you going on about?!"

She looks at me wide eyed doing a weird sideways head nod towards the back.

"The balloons for my dad's 52nd birthday!" She says pointedly.

Jack appears through the curtain at the rear of the salon and it clicks, I shove the giant 2 and 5 balloons at her.

"Ah ya goin' out for his birthday?" Jack asks her, as he kisses me on the cheek.

"Yeah, just the pub near their house"

"Ah nice, it's my birthday soon too"

"Oh is it Jack" Danielle exchanges a sly grin with me, "I had no idea...."

"Anyway you...." I turn to Jack leading him away from where Danielle is mixing some custom colours up "what have I done for you to turn up at my work?"

"Thought I'd come pick Mia up with ya, me cars gonna be at the garage till tomorrow, so I got Stonsey to drop me here....."

"You alright walking through town with me? You know I leave my car near nursery.......and Mia will still want to go to the park"

"It'll be fine"

Jack transferred to Manchester City in August.

To say he's struggling is an understatement.
Everything at the club is the total opposite of what he's used to.

On top of that his transfer fee was obscene, Jack became the most expensive player in English football history.

That combined with the Euros, and now he's famous. Like proper famous.

Even people who don't really follow football know who Jack Grealish is.

He can't go anywhere without being recognised.

The first few days after his signing were a whirlwind and while I stayed out of official photos released to the press, photos of us leaving Peps restaurant were leaked.
A few days after that a photographer followed Jack from the Etihad back to my house.
Once the photo was released it didn't take local people long to know the location of my house, especially being on a new development where the houses are all of the same super modern design.

Within days we were getting people turning up outside......with what happened with Mia this was a massive security concern to us both and caused a lot of stress and tension for both myself and Jack, it culminated to the football club sending one of their security staff to sit outside the house overnight, but that didn't ease the paranoia for either us so we took Mia in the middle of the night and checked into a hotel.

We were then moved into a property owned by the club, in a building where a few other players live. It's nice, and its safe and gives us breathing space to decide what to do next but Mia is missing having a garden, so we've got into the routine of stopping at the park every afternoon.

Mia is overjoyed at seeing Jack picking her up.
I can see the girls at nursery are nervous of him, the nursery hasn't been able to apologise enough to for what happened and as a result they've removed the finger print system and implemented extra security measures.