Part 91

"Fuck sake, get Grealo on the pitch! Honestly they're fucking throwing it away!"

My eyes meet Kevan's who nods at me before dealing with it "halt ya swearing around the kids yeah"

Jack's corporate box is full anyway with me, the girls and his family and siblings partners.
There's loads of his mates here, most of them have tickets within the stands, but Paul and Simon got on the train this morning with the Grealish's claiming they didn't think they needed tickets, and could just go with them.
Jack being Jack had obviously sorted it, but the stadium was sold out so they ended up in the box.
Now, just as we approach the last half hour of the game they're pretty drunk.

"Get Grealo on! Get Grealo on!" They start shouting over the railings.

"Boys, keep it down!" Scolds Karen, she's known these lads since they all met at primary school and she has no issue talking to them as if she were their mother.
"Ah c'mon momma G, the games abysmal!"
Paul draps an arm around her shoulder.

"I mean it Paul, Mia is here week in and week out, I will not have you swearing and shouting in here around her"

"Sorry mom" his voice is dripping with sarcasm, of all Jacks friends from home I dislike Paul the most. He's like a leach, bumming off of other people. He went to school with Jack, and Simon who is a pretty successful DJ, and by association knows lots of other 'celebrities' from Jack and Simon's circles.
Simon is quite nice, he can be a bit much on a night out, but most of the time, like now for example can read the situation.
He thankfully drags Paul away.

Sam and John are in the stands somewhere, Sam is married to Chloe who I became close friends with when I lived with Jack the first time, just after Mia was born, they now have a little boy and John is engaged to a lovely girl.
These are the friends Jack is looking forward to spending time in Ibiza with, the way Jack sees it, Simon's gig will give them a good night out and they just have to accept Paul as part of the package.

Suddenly there's a lot of commotion, I rush out to the balcony to see the post goal celebrations.

Ten minutes later they've won! Not just the game, but the league.

It all happened so fast, Kiera points out Jack as he sprints onto the pitch to celebrate with his team mates, from where we are we see Pep run out to embrace his players also.
The stadium is literally bouncing.
But, minutes later the pitch is swarming, we lose track of the players as the stewards try in vain to stop more people invading.

"Let's go!" Paul screams to Simon.

"No! Lads you'll get yourselfs kicked out!" Kevin warns.

"Exactly, let them go" I hear Karen say to him.

"Mammy can I go see daddy?" She's peering down at the pitch.

"No baby, I think daddy's already gone to the changing room, we'll see him soon"

The next hour is a bit of a blur, the boys receive their medals. I give Karen a quick glance and see her wipe away tears of happiness.
Jack looks like he's having the time of his life as they lift the trophy, taking photos and selfies with each other before going on a lap of the pitch.
Finally the stadium starts to clear as the players start their media rounds.
We are given the nod that families can start making their way to the pitch.

I help Mia down the steps as Kevin carries Esme for me.
Mia sees him before he sees her and her little legs move as fast as they can as she runs over to him wearing her 'daddy 10' shirt.
"Daddy!! Daddy!! Daddy!!" She screams at him.
I tear up as I see him crouch down to catch her, he's living his dream right now.

We pose for photos, watch as Jack does a couple more interviews and finally we get a second to breathe.
"Suits you" I tell him, toying with the medal against his chest.