Part 110 - Surprise!

"Lads you will meet me at my house?" Kevin turns to Jack and Phil "you're picking up your kids and coming straight over yeah?"

"Yeah bro, we gotta pick Mia an' Ronnie up from preschool first, then we'll be round!" Jack laughs

Kevin's home alone with his kids while Michele is visiting family, he's promised his kids a playdate with Mia and Ronnie and is feeling the stress of being the sole parent for a week.

Jack and Phil obviously find his struggle hilarious.

"Right, be as quick as you can!" Kevin tells them as he leaves the training centre.

Jack follows Phil, but Phil doesn't head to his car "ah now where ya goin' bro?"

"Stadium, need to pop to the events office to sort something for Ron's birthday party"

Jack rolls his eyes following.

Sue, the events organiser looks flustered at seeing the two first team players stroll into her office. But smiles "yes Phil, you can have moonchester at Ronnie's party"

Jack laughs and busies himself looking at the photos on the wall of past events while Phil goes over plans with Sue.
A leaflet catches his eye for a wedding fayre, thinking Chelsea might be interested, he picks it up.

"Oh that's passed love" Sue calls seeing him turn the pamphlet in his hands "I need to bin them lot"

Jack looks at the leaflet, totally flummoxed "wos this 'ere?"

"Yeah, there's another one before Christmas"

"Why?" Jack stares at her blankly "why 'ere?"

Phil laughs "what do you mean why here?"

"Well why's there wedding fayres at the Etihad?"

"People get married here you prick!" Phil shakes his head at Jack's confused blank expression.

"Do they?"

"Yes" Sue sighs.

"When? When we're playin'?"

Phil knows Jack is genuinely mind blown at learning this new information. Sue looks like she thinks he's taking the piss.
"He really didn't know, that face is real!" Phil tells her.

She sighs "when you're playing away, non match days, occasionally mid week" she explains.

"They get to take photos on the pitch and in the changing rooms don't they?" Phil chimes.

"Really?? Like seriously brides and grooms go in the changing rooms?" Jack's grinning now.

"Yes......"

"Can ya get married at all stadiums then?"

Sue shakes her head at him. "Yes Jack most of them"

Phil can't help himself "Nah villa park is too shit to get a licence bro"

"Nah! Fok off!"

-

"So how was it at Kevin's?" I ask walking into the bathroom after resettling Esme.

"Carnage" he grins, slipping deeper under the warm bath water "join me?"

"Hmmm not sure" I glance at the baby monitor I've just put on the vanity unit "she's teething"

"Thought so, her poo was bit runny after dinner"

I watch him just his head poking through the bubbles "her cheeks are all red" it does look inviting in there with him.
"But, I'm exhausted" I concede, "I'll wait for you in bed" I grab my toothbrush and turn to the sink.