T W E N T Y - F O U R

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Realization suddenly hit me. I really did think that I'm having feelings for Sehun. I wasn't even paying attention to the sunrise anymore, I think I'm just looking at Sehun now. Wake up Paige! You can't fall for a demon!

"It's my first time feeling like this," I looked at Sehun in confusion when he spoke up. Feeling what?

"What do you mean?" I asked. Good thing that I managed to find my voice.

"I can't explain," he shrugged. "I just feel weird... but I like the feeling." he mysteriously said.

My brows knitted together in confusion. He's never too straightforward. But... could it be that he's feeling the same as I am right now?

No.

Impossible. Sehun wouldn't get himself concerned with stupid things such as love. Here I am again with my stupid thoughts. "Want to stay here longer?" he asked.

I looked away from him. He's just talking to me normally, why am I getting flustered? "Do you want to? Is it alright?" I asked.

"My instinct is telling me that it's okay," he said. "Besides, I want to stay here," he answered. "With you, if it's okay." he added.

I bit my lip. Why is he saying things that make my heart beat fast?! I don't like this feeling, it isn't right.

"What do we have here?"

We turned around we saw Mr. Damon standing right by the glass sliding door. I sighed in relief.

"Father," Sehun said.

"Good morning sir," I greeted.

He just smiled at both of us. "Watching the sunrise together huh?" he said as he went near the railings. "I remember back then, I used to watch it with Helena." he reminisced.

"That's sweet sir," I commented with a smile.

He looked towards our direction and chuckled. "It is," he nodded. "And you're unaware of how sweet you two looked."

"What?" Sehun and I reacted.

"Oops... I can't make the atmosphere awkward now, can I?" he laughed.

I just pretended that I didn't get it and I let out an awkward chuckle. "Why are you here?" Sehun asked to change the subject.

"Well I did my usual rounds in the morning then I just happened to walk by and I saw this spectacular scene." he grinned.

"Uhm..." I began. I don't even know how I should reply to that.

"It's such a wonderful sunrise," he patted my shoulder first then Sehun's. "Return to my office in a few minutes, breakfast will be ready soon." he said before leaving.

And thus the awkwardness begins. Now we're left in complete silence. "We should head inside," I said to ease the awkwardness.

"Hey Paige," he called as I was about to turn around.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"If the plan that my father and brothers made does succeed, and if we do defeat my uncle... would you leave us to have your normal life back?" he asked.

I paused for a moment and thought about the whole thing. "I would be lying if I say that I don't want my normal life back," I smiled and I could see a glint of disappointment in his eyes.

"But as stupid as it sounds, I think I belong with you and your brothers. No matter how complicated things are, I'd rather be here than with my stepfather." I continued and a smile automatically formed on Sehun's lips.