S E V E N T E E N

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I kept the photo in my bedside drawer. I took a quick shower then I headed to the kitchen once I got dressed.

"Need help?" I asked once I saw Kyungsoo and Chanyeol in the kitchen. The two looked a bit surprised to see me up this early.

"I was just kidding when I said you should help last night." Kyungsoo said as he continued cutting some vegetables.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to help." I smiled.

"You look good today," Chanyeol commented as he handed me an apron.

"I do?" I asked as I wore it.

"Well... you look like you're in a different glow. You definitely look better now than your previous days here." Kyungsoo chuckled. I grinned as I shook my head in disbelief.

"Well, if that's another way of saying that I look good then thanks." I giggled. Meeting their mother made me feel comforted in some way. Somehow the burden I've always felt was lessened.

"Let's just say that you look good and it's reflecting on your actions. You're not usually in a good mood," Chanyeol said. I smiled. They just don't know how to be straightforward with their compliments.

We worked on making our breakfast afterward. Some of the guys have also woken up and they too were surprised to see me awake. "Where the heck do you get that energy?" Tao groaned as he rubbed his eyes. Most of them still looked tired but I also noticed that their wounds have healed a bit.

"A cold shower in the morning, it wakes your senses" I grinned. Tao only groaned once again before taking his seat on the dining table.

They really look tired. There was this huge lack of energy. Xiumin looked like he didn't have the appetite to eat. I gave myself a determined smile when I thought of an idea. I went to the kitchen and I prepared hot cocoa for everyone.

By the time I finished making them, everyone was already gathered at the table. "I prepared this for everyone," I said as I distributed the mugs.

"And why would you do this?" Luhan asked with a skeptic look. "Is it poisoned?" he chuckled.

"Try it then," I teased.

"It tastes good. Thanks Paige," Suho smiled at me. I was mentally giving myself a pat on the back upon hearing them thanking me. It's good to do something for them, no matter how no big of a deal it is.

"You should make this for us every morning," Xiumin said as he took another sip. "If it's alright with you, that is."

"I'd prefer it if you'd make me some privately," Kai smirked. Just like usual, he ends up getting glared at by everyone.

"You'll never change, will you?" I chuckled softly.

"Never," he winked.

I suddenly noticed that there was still a mug left on the tray. I looked around and I realized that Sehun wasn't here yet. Nothing new, he's always late.

"I'm sorry I'm late." speak of the devil--demon... whatever. "I overslept," he said as he took his seat.

I took the last mug, which is Sehun's, and placed it on the table. I took the tray and hurriedly returned to the kitchen. Once I was back, Sehun was already holding the mug. His brothers probably handed it to him. Our eyes met for a brief moment but I looked down and quickly walked back to my chair.

"Thank you," I heard him saying when I passed by his seat. I didn't respond because I didn't know how to react.

After eating, some of them offered to help me clean my room. I accepted the offer since my room looked like it got hit by a cyclone. I don't even know how I slept comfortably here last night. There were still shards of glass on the floor, some of the furniture was broken, there were dents on the wall and there was even blood on the carpet. Cleaning this would definitely be a pain.