F I F T Y - T H R E E

FIFTY THREE

I led them here. This is all happening because of me. I shut my eyes tightly and hoped that this is just one sick nightmare but it isn't.

Mr. Damon was stabbed by Lucas, and that happened because he protected me. It's because of me again!

The boys were all panicking so much. I've never seen them this scared before. Lucas and Aleister were still here.

"You know where to go Paige, you're welcome here anytime." Aleister chuckled before the two of them walked towards the house.

"Come on Paige." Sehun said as he gently pulled me up.

I thought he was acting too normal but the moment I saw the look on his face, my heart clenched. His lips were tightly shut and there's a mixture of fear, anger and sadness all over his face.

"We need to find a way to the city, hurry." Xiumin said as he and Chanyeol helped Mr. Damon up.

"I'll lead the way, I think I remember the way back." Luhan said as he hurriedly walked.

"Let me help." Suho added.

Mr. Damon was barely conscious, he was already losing too much blood.

Luckily, Luhan and Suho were able to locate the city quickly. The moment we got there, someone was kind enough to offer a ride to the hospital. Only Chanyeol, Xiumin and Mr. Damon were able to go since it was just a small car. The rest of us rushed to the nearest hospital by foot.

Once we got there we met up with Xiumin and Chanyeol who were waiting by the operating room.

"How is he?" Lay asked.

"The doctors are doing what they can right now to save him." Xiumin answers. "But they can't ensure his safety yet."

I looked towards the operating room, there were many nurses inside. This scene is too familiar with me. I hate it.

We all suddenly heard a long beeping sound which made all of us freeze on our spot. No, not yet please.

"Hey, are you all even doing your jobs!? Do something!" Chen suddenly yelled as he ran towards the door.

"Chen, calm down. They'll do something... I know they will." Kyungsoo said but even he looked like he wanted to barge inside as well.

"Damn it." Baekhyun frustratingly took a seat and covered his face. I know he's crying right now.

I know this feeling. I felt the same when mother was dying. Nurses were rushing in and out of her room, the constant loud beep coming from the heart monitor and the doctor that's trying to revive her... And all I could do was just watch from outside. Seeing the doctor shaking his head was the worst feeling ever. I ran inside the room and only then was I able to hold mother.

This time, I don't want it to happen. I don't want these boys to lose their father, especially not because of me.

I wiped away my tears that continuously kept falling. I wanted to cheer them up but what can I do? It's my fault that this happened in the first place. Things would've been better off if I was the one that got stabbed and not Mr. Damon.

Minutes passed by and no one was saying a word. We were scattered at the hallway waiting. They've been reviving him for over ten minutes now. Please hold on Mr. Damon... Please.

One beep...

Another...

Then another...

More tears kept falling. Thank goodness he's safe.

I heard the boys sighing in relief upon hearing it too. I walked over near the door to check and just in time the doctor was about to come out too.