N I N E

CHAPTER NINE

It has been a week ever since the time that I encountered their uncle. Nothing bad happened ever since. Thank goodness. I was really trying hard to be careful with everything I do. The other guys are actually surprised that I've managed a total of seven days without causing any trouble. I'm quite proud of the record honestly. Although I think another reason why nothing has gone wrong is because of the fact that Sehun's been avoiding me.

I don't know if it's just my imagination though, but he hasn't talked to me for those seven days. We'd only just see each other whenever we eat or whenever we're in class. Other than that, I never ran to him in the mansion. It's just like the usual wherein I'd catch him stealing glances of me and whenever I'd catch him he'd just avert his gaze or pretend that he's looking at something else. I wanted to ask him about it but I guess it's better off this way.

"Hey Paige, you're spacing out again." I was snapped back to reality when I saw Baekhyun sitting in front of me. We're currently at the house, it was a weekend so everyone was slacking off.

"Sorry about that, what are we talking about again?" I asked him as I cracked an uneasy smile.

"Nothing in particular, but you've been thinking of Sehun quite often," he said as he leaned onto the couch.

"So I've noticed, he's been avoiding me." I replied as I ran my fingers through my tangled hair. No use lying to me, he knows already.

"You think so?" he chuckled. "He's avoiding me too," my eyebrows rose upon hearing that. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him talking to Baekhyun either.

"Why would he?" I asked him.

"I don't know," Baekhyun smiled mysteriously. He knows it, he can tell what Sehun is thinking, can't he?

"Some things are better off as secrets Paige," I flinched when I saw Chanyeol behind me with his elbows propped on the backrest of the couch.

I sighed in disbelief. "I hate secrets," I crossed my arms. "Just wait until I learn how to use telepathy." I joked. Baekhyun chuckled as he ruffled my hair.

"You wish," he and Chanyeol said in unison. "You need to be a demon to be able to use telepathy, want to become one?" Chanyeol added.

I shook my head. "No way, I don't care if I don't have the cool telepathy or teleportation powers but I love my human life so no thank you," I huffed. "But is it possible to turn a human into a demon?" I asked.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other then they shrugged. "I honestly don't know," Baekhyun answered.

"Ask Suho, he's the smart one but I honestly never encountered such things," Chanyeol said. "Anyway, Sehun is probably avoiding you, Baekhyun, and everyone else because of his fever."

"Fever? Demons get sick?" I asked.

"We're still part human silly," Baekhyun laughed. "Sehun's the type to not tell anyone when he's sick, but it's so easy to tell."

"We don't get sick easily though but I guess it's because Sehun hasn't been eating properly for the past week. He skips meals pretty often." Chanyeol explained.

"He wasn't like that before I came here, was he?" I frowned.

"Don't think about it too much, all of us get sick from time to time. Sehun will be fine." Baekhyun assured.

"Well, forget about it. I'll be in my room to take a nap." I said as I stood up.

I was about to leave the room when I came across Suho. "Oh Paige, good timing. I was about to tell you something," he said which made me stop. "We have to leave today, our father wants to talk to us. Would you like to come or should we leave you here?"