T H I R T Y - E I G H T

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Sehun's POV

I was resting for the night when I suddenly felt uneasy. I opened my eyes and I looked around my bedroom but I saw nothing. I swear I felt someone's presence here a while ago. I got up from my bed and I checked outside my room and even the window. I must be imagining things.

I returned to my bed and sat down for a while as I cleared my thoughts. I couldn't help but think of Paige again. She's going to be one of us from now on. I wonder how she'll manage it. She'll do fine right? As much as I want to help and guide her, I also need to follow my father's orders and keep my distance too.

I was just about to lie down on my bed once again when I suddenly felt someone's arms wrapped around me.

"Do you think of me a lot?"

My eyes widened in surprise and I quickly turned around. I'm alone in my room again. I knew that voice... it's Paige's. I know her voice well but I never heard her use that tone before. I shook my head violently. Am I just imagining all of this?!

I quickly lied down and I covered my face with my arm. I closed my eyes and tried to return to sleep. Now is not the time to have weird hallucinations whatsoever. It hasn't even been long yet but I suddenly felt some shifting on my bed. I chose to ignore it since I'm too sleepy and tired to care now. I felt some weight added to me then I felt fingers tracing against my neck.

"You know it's rude if you're just going to sleep in on me,"

My eyes shot open and I came face to face with a pair of dark eyes... Paige's eyes. She was lying on top of me and she was looking at me with an expression I'm pretty sure I've never seen her use before.

Half of my mind was still asleep so I couldn't fully process what the heck is going on. "Paige, what on earth-" I was going to sit up when she pushed me back down onto my bed.

I looked back at her and she was just looking at me... intensely. I squinted my eyes to get a clearer vision and I thought I saw her eyes glowing red for a moment. Oh darn.

"Paige..." I said as I gently placed my hands on her shoulders. "You should just stay in your room," I said uneasily as I began to push her away. Father warned us about this and I'm worried for both of us. My demon form might appear too and I don't want that happening especially with my dream last time still fresh in my mind.

"Paige, remember what father said? We agreed right?" I kept reminding her.

"You said-" she cut me off by kissing me. All the sleepiness and exhaustion suddenly got drained out and it was all replaced by surprise and panic. I didn't have any idea how I should react so I just remained frozen the whole time.

Paige chuckled once she finished the kiss. "Can't keep up?" she tilted my head upwards so that I was looking at her. "It's just one kiss Sehun, why are you so flustered already?"

"I-I'm not," I stuttered as I looked away. I heard her giggling.

"Remember on the night you marked me? This is kind of what happened. I was sleeping then you suddenly appeared and did what you want. I was so sick of you back then." she said as she trailed her fingers across my chest.

I bit my lip due to guilt. I had no idea back then but now I could remember that night and I hate myself for it.

"Don't feel bad Sehun," she caressed my face. "It's in the past and besides..." she leaned in until our faces were only inches apart. "I have you here right now,"

"What?" she placed her finger on top of my lips.

"Shhh... don't worry, I'm not like you." I felt her breath against my ear. "I'll just make you feel good,"