9

I was laying on my bed, scrolling through Instagram because i was bored

I was laying on my bed, scrolling through Instagram because i was bored. I don't usually scroll through posts but boredom gets you to do a lot of things.

After what happened earlier, i still haven't heard a word from my dad. Like, no news at all. Usually, he'd be angry with Poison by now but i think, that little meeting got him all riled up.

Can you blame him? He's a fan and meeting his idol will obviously get him excited.

Stop with the sarcasm, Jade. Your dad only wants to work with someone whom he doesn't even know is his daughter.

My subconscious reminded me. Right.

My curiosity got the best of me. I went downstairs and found my dad sitting on the couch, his head in his hands.

"Everything okay?", I asked, sitting on the opposite couch.

He looked up before sighing, "Yeah."

"Really? Doesn't seem like it."

"Come on dad. Stop this. She has a right to know what's going in the mafia's business. She's a mafia princess. How long are you going to keep her out of this?", Blake pointed out, coming in the living room and made himself comfortable on the couch.

Oh dear brother. If only you knew.

"Tell me." I demanded, earning a sigh from my father again.

"Poison." He simply said.

"What about her?", I asked, fighting the smile wanting to break on my face.

"She got to James before we did. She killed him. She found information on where he operates and she wants us to meet there-", He started, "But i can't go. We can't go by the docks."

Why the fuck not?

"Why not?", I thought out loud, confusion written all over my face.

"Because the Port is the property of the De Luca. We need permission." He stated

"So, the whole time, James was working for The De Luca?"

"No. My guess is, they do not know what's going on there because they hardly go there. Pretty sure they don't even have people guarding the place."

"So? You're going to ask for their permission? Tell them everything?"

"Yeah. Im friends with them. We're allies, remember? Get ready. We're leaving in 10," he stood up, walking towards the stairs and disappeared.

"Get ready, sis. We're going to see your friend.", Blake smirked.

I shook my head at his comment and went to my room to get ready.

Within less than 10 mins, i rushed downstairs where My father and brother were waiting in the living room along with Irina, my soon step mother.

We were all dressed casually. I wore a black strapless top along with a pair of jeans and boots. I did not bother to tie my hair. Irina on the other hand, wore a dress that barely covered her ass.

"Ready." I said, earning a nod from them as we made our way to the cars. We reached the De Luca's mansion within a 15 minutes drive. Once seeing us, the guard opened the gate and Blake drove inside.

He parked the car, we stepped out of it and i gawked at the mansion. It was really huge and beautiful. My dad rang the doorbell and we were greeted by a man who looked like he was in his 40s. He wore a shocked expression upon seeing us but it quickly turned into happiness.

"Damien!", he exclaimed with a grin, bringing my dad into a hug which he wasted no time in returning before inviting us inside. "Make yourselves comfortable."

"Don't mind if i do." I muttered to myself, taking a seat on the couch with Blake beside me. My dad sat with Irina on the couch across of us.

"Killian," My dad grinned widely, "It's been so long."

"Would you like a glass of wine?" Killian asked, receiving a bunch of nods from us. Within a minute, a woman appeared with a bottle of wine and glasses. She poured the wine and each one of us grabbed a glass.

"Where's your son and wife?", Dad questioned, taking a sip of his wine. "My wife is not here. She went to see her mother because she's sick. My son had business to attend. He should be here any minute-", He said but was cut off when the front door opened, revealing Lorenzo who was glued to his phone.

"There he is." He pointed to Lorenzo, who looked up from his phone and at us when he heard his father's voice. His gaze fixed on me, confusion making its way onto his face.

"Son, Come over here." Killian gestured to us. He furrowed his eyebrow before walking towards me. There were several seats available, including one next to me. He smirked before taking the seat beside me. I rolled my eyes at him before bringing the glass of wine to my lips and took a sip.

"Mr Carrington." Enzo nod at my father as a sign of greeting. "Lorenzo." Dad nodded back with a smile.

"I almost forgot-" Killian's voice gained our attention and pointed to me, Blake and Irina, making me raise an eyebrow in confusion. "I suppose these are your kids?"

My eyes widened as i started choking on my wine. I choked back a laugh as my dad and Irina glared at me. Not being able to hold it anymore, i bursted out laughing.

"Irina is not our sister," I breathed out, chuckling. Blake had a fist in-front of his mouth, trying to hold the laughter in but when he saw me laughing, he lost it and joined me.

Enzo looked confused but realisation hit him soon enough. He shook his head, looking amused

"Oh my god-" I cleared my throat, "Im sorry for laughing."

"It's totally fine," Killian said looking amused, "May i ask who she is?"

"My soon to be wife. By the way, you are invited to the engagement on Saturday." My dad filled him in.

"I wanted to ask, can i go by the docks tonight? We have information that James' operations has been taking place there."

"Sure. We haven't been using it anyway. He's pretty clever to run his operations in an abandoned place that belongs to me." Enzo started, looking confused, "Who gave you that information?"

"Poison." Dad simply stated.

"Who is poison?", Irina asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"An assassin," Dad started, "She doesn't want to work for me or any other mafia. Everyone who ever saw her is dead."

Until yesterday. Everyone who ever saw me died until yesterday.

"Is there something you're not telling me Mr Carrington?" Enzo questioned, studying my dad who sighed before saying, "She is going to be there tonight."

I mentally let out a groan at my dad telling Lorenzo i was going to be there tonight.

"Interesting," Lorenzo hummed before leaning closer to me and whispered, "Amore, you coming to the party tonight?"

I nodded, "What time does it start?"

"00:30."

Nodding at his response, my eyes fell on Irina who was licking her lips, her gaze fixed on Enzo making me shudder in disgust.

Ew. Gross.

She kept on biting her lips and licking it. However, much to her dismay, Enzo did not bother sparing a glance to her. Her expression changed when Enzo whispered to me. Almost like she was jealous. Just the thought makes me want to throw up considering Enzo is 18. That's just fucking gross.

Jealous pedophile bitch.

------