30

"So, you're telling me that the Russians are after you?", my father asked after i explained the whole situation to him and my brother

"So, you're telling me that the Russians are after you?", my father asked after i explained the whole situation to him and my brother. Thankfully, Irina left saying she has to go shopping.

"Yes." I sighed, "They know who i am, they know i am poison."

"Mr Carrington," Enzo spoke earning my dad's attention who gave him a curt nod, gesturing him to talk, "I think it would be safer if Jade stays with me for the time being considering my mafia is the biggest and more powerful." He suggested as i raised a questioning eyebrow at him before scoffing. "And you're suppose to what? Protect me?"

Enzo decided to ignore my question, "The Russians are not stupid. They will not attack my mafia, they'll lose. But you on the other hand, they have a chance to win. They know Jade is your daughter, she's a liability."

Blake started rubbing his temple and sighed tiredly. "Why did you have to get into so much trouble, little sis?" He shook his head with a chuckle before turning to dad, "Lorenzo is right though. There is no doubt we will lose if the Russians attack us. They will surely use Jade against us."

My dad thought for a while before letting out a heavy sigh. "As much as i hate to admit it, you're right."

My eyes widened as i look between my dad, Blake and Enzo. I quickly shook my head, "I can protect myself." I stated with an eye roll.

Enzo scoffed before saying, "Of course you can protect yourself, i never said you can't but—", He started, "Being in my house which is guarded by at least a hundred guards is safer and besides, stop acting like you hate it." He winked at me before coming closer and whispered, "Think of all those alone times we'll get to spend together."

I glared at him as i felt my father and brother burning holes into my head with their stares. How could he say something like that infront of my family? I knew they heard him, he whispered it loud enough.

Enzo smirked at me as i continued to glare at him. "I know you fancy me." He mouthed to me. I shook my head before mouthing back "In your dreams." He was trying to hold back a smile but was obviously, failing.

"So," Blake cleared his throat, pointing to me and Enzo, "Are you two like.... Together?"

"What?" I scoffed, "No."

"Not yet." Enzo murmured under his breath like he always does when he says 'Not yet.'

"Did you say something?" Dad asked, his gaze now fixed on Enzo who immediately shook his head, "Nope."

He nodded before turning his gaze on me "Anyways, Jade," i looked at him, urging him to continue, "Go pack your stuffs. You'll leave with Enzo."

Knowing it was the right and safest thing to do at the moment, not to mention i would start an argument i would not win if i refuse, i just nodded and made my way to my room to start packing my clothes and necessities.