20

"JADE FREAKING CARRINGTON!", An angry voice broke my amazing dream where i was the leader of the American mafia, ordering people around

What kind of dream even was that? Hopefully a glance of the future.

I look at my phone and saw it was only 6:20. What the fuck could he possibly want?

"GET YOUR ASS DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!!", The angry voice of my father yelled again.

Jumping from my bed, i went in the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and tied my hair in a pony tail.  After that, i made my way downstairs in only a pair of white shorts and a black top, with my phone in my hand.

I was standing on the middle of the stairs when my phone pinged with a notification. Looking down at it, i saw a message from Amy.

"Sleepover tonight? Im sorry i couldn't make it to the wedding. Family issues."

I smiled at the message and was about to type 'Yes' but then i remembered about going to the club with Enzo and the guys because of the gang that's challenging Enzo's mafia.

He asked me to meet them at the main house in about 3 hours so that we could make a plan. It's nice to finally have something to do with a mafia even if it's not mine. That's why i agreed to help them.

I continued my way to the living room while texting Amy an "I can't tonight."

"Why?"

"My dad is getting married. It sucks, i know."

"I'll be there later! We can ready together, ya know?"

Typing a 'Sure'  i continued my way to the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks when i saw who was sitting on the couch along with my dad and brother.

"Dad, you wanted something?" I asked ignoring Enzo whose eyes were on me.

Damn, he looked good though. He always does. Shutting down my thoughts on Enzo's look, i looked at my dad to see him glaring at me.

He told him that im poison?

No.

He wouldn't do that.

Would he?

"Why didn't you tell me?", He hissed angrily. I snapped my look to Enzo who looked unfazed by all of this.

"T-tell you what?", I stuttured.

Get it together, Jade. Now is not the time to fucking stutter. One of your friends just ratted you out to your fucking dad.

"Why didn't you tell him, Jade?", Enzo interrupted my thoughts wearing a smirk on his face.

"Why didn't i tell you?", I asked in disbelief, "Have you met yourself? You're overprotective and always overreacting. You won't let me have anything to do with the mafia business. How the fuck could i have tell you something like that?  You'd tell me to stop or ship me off to another country!"

Enzo let chuckle and quickly covered it with a cough while my dad looked at me along with my brother.

"What on earth are you talking about?", My father asked as i stared at him in confusion.

"What are YOU talking about?" I said quickly.

"Why didn't you tell me that Lorenzo and you are in the same school?"

"Oh." I let out.

"Ohhh— well fuck." I muttered under my breath taking in what he just said.

"Jade, Jade, Jade." Lorenzo shook his head in Amusement earning a glare from me.

"What i meant, was, dad," i started, "I made new friends in the school and you knowing that En- Lorenzo was there, you would have put me in another school." I explained.

"I wouldn't have done that if you made new friends there. But if you really didn't make any friends there, i'd have certainly remove you." He said sternly.

I'm silently hoping that he wouldn't question my answer earlier which he did not and I'm thankful for that.

Choosing the change the subject, i pointed to Enzo. "What's he doing here anyways?"

"He's here to talk about business—", He started, "Which reminds me, you may leave now."

See? That's what im talking about. I stand by my answer earlier.

"Of course." I scoffed and went upstairs but i did not miss the look on Enzo's face. He looked pissed at my father when he told me to go to my room.